1.    #1  
    Got an SMS from Sprint this morning indicating that they are releasing an upgrade that will provide wireless pushes of calendar updates. It instructs you to go to http://www.sprint.com/bcupgrade/. Unfortunately this site has nothing but an announcement stating that the upgrade is coming by the end of July. Kinda lame to be announcing an upgrade when it isn't ready yet.

Anyone else get this message?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    it changes the whole look of your calendar and is a nice feature.
    It says it is only for Microsoft Outlook

My office uses Lotus Notes. Right now I have email syncing perfectly with my treo - but the calendar stuff gets as far as the sprint server then stays there.

Is the business connection software basically providing it's own interface for email and calendar or is it providing additional flexibility for the built in calendar and email features.

Does anybody expect the upgrade to also fully support lotus notes calendar?

Steve
    I was a part of the beta program for this new release and I am disappointed in the functionality of the new calendar support. IMO they have missed the point on calendaring. This solution is a one way crude calendar that only allows for the push of information from Outlook to a custom calendar from Seven running on the T600. The views are extremely basic. It does not in any way integrate with the Treo's native calendar DB. So great tools like DateBk5 or even the standard T600 calendar don't integrate what so ever.

I am a big fan of the BC email technology solution but would not pay $.01 more for the new calendar functionality. Again, IMO there is more value in setting up wireless sync to get realtime calendar updates from outlook/notes.
  5.    #5  
    That does sound pretty lame!
  6. ged
    July is over now.
    Has anybody received instructions ?
    Has anybody installed that update ?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I was a part of the beta program for this new release and I am disappointed in the functionality of the new calendar support. IMO they have missed the point on calendaring. This solution is a one way crude calendar that only allows for the push of information from Outlook to a custom calendar from Seven running on the T600. The views are extremely basic. It does not in any way integrate with the Treo's native calendar DB. So great tools like DateBk5 or even the standard T600 calendar don't integrate what so ever.

I am a big fan of the BC email technology solution but would not pay $.01 more for the new calendar functionality. Again, IMO there is more value in setting up wireless sync to get realtime calendar updates from outlook/notes.
    You need to walk before you can run. My guess is that they're releasing calendar functionality one piece at a time. Assuming all goes well, they'll no doubt increase functionality, make it 2-way, etc.
    They're not charging more for this new functionality...
    All... My BC Personal edition stoped sending e-mail to my device on 7/28. Finally fed up I called this morning and was told they have had major problems with the new release and they did not have an ETA to have it fixed...