1.    #1  
    Anyone else having a problem receiving garbled spam messages on Sprint via SMS?

Both my boss and I are getting them on our phones. I've got TAPI/WEB/etc all turned off for SMS in my control panel, and I'm getting 40 - 50 of these things a day now.

Sprint seems to be completely clueless. I'd hate to turn SMS off on my phone, but this is rediculous.

The messages look like this:

Code:
    Date: 7/26/04 08:18am
    //SVAglBMQBAAOhn ... etc for 3 lines =//VS
    It has something to do with Business Connection updates. You can delete them. If you search the forums for "//sv" you will find several threads on this subject.
    I get them every once and a while immediately after a hot sync session ends.

I have also been told it's a Business Connection issue.
    Basically, BC will send those SMSs to tell the client to check mail. If you are hotsyncing, the OS is unable to send them to the client and instead they end up as "real" sms messages. They are normal and nothing to be worried about.
    Digital - Are you using BCPE (Personal Edition) or BCEE (Enterprise Edition) ?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMocking
    Anyone else having a problem receiving garbled spam messages on Sprint via SMS?

Both my boss and I are getting them on our phones. I've got TAPI/WEB/etc all turned off for SMS in my control panel, and I'm getting 40 - 50 of these things a day now.

Sprint seems to be completely clueless. I'd hate to turn SMS off on my phone, but this is rediculous.

The messages look like this:

Code:
    Date: 7/26/04 08:18am
    //SVAglBMQBAAOhn ... etc for 3 lines =//VS
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Digital - Are you using BCPE (Personal Edition) or BCEE (Enterprise Edition) ?
    I'm not using either, I turned it off actually.

Can I just disable it somewhere?

Edit, and thanks for the replies, I did try searching for various SMS Spam stuff, never thought about searching for the actual message itself.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    you may have removed software from your Treo, but you must still have the server running on your desktop at work. You should disable it there or uninstall it.

Too bad for you- they're coming out with mobile calendar with sync!

Wooohoooo
    Try logging into bc.sprintpcs.com (if you have personal) and see if you can. If you can, there is a client running somewhere that is causing the problem. You need to find what computer has that on it, and remove it. Or, you can change the password to the account, and that should take care of it.
    I used to get the very same messages. Haven't gotten one since I set up a rule with CallShield to block SMS messages from "unknown" senders.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Style, did you have sprint bc at any point?