1.    #1  
    Now here is some competition for the Treo ACE in terms of the feature set of the device. Hopefully palmOne is going to match it very quickly.

I'm not crazy about it a being Pocket PC device but none-the-less I'll take a hard look at it when it hits the stores.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Did you see a public announcement on this?
  3.    #4  
    Thanks wahili. I had the link cut but forgot to paste it in the thread.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    I have to say, I'm pretty tempted by that as well. I've already signed up on T-Mobile for notification of purchase availability (and we all know how well that works.)

For me, the big draws are:

HiRes screen (more email text at once!)
    Bluetooth (act as a modem for my laptop w/o cables!)
    With Missing Sync Pocket PC I think you'd actually get a superior sync to teh Macintosh than you current can with PalmOS.

Negatives -

Size? Hard to tell so far.
    Goofy keyboard setup
    Generally I prefer Palm OS to PocketPC, although the fact that Palm *still* doesn't supply the Treo with a contact database with extended fields is a problem.

Here's hoping a new Treo is announced to address these issues sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulinor
    Generally I prefer Palm OS to PocketPC, although the fact that Palm *still* doesn't supply the Treo with a contact database with extended fields is a problem.

Here's hoping a new Treo is announced to address these issues sooner rather than later.

I was playing with a Zire 72 and it has an extensive contact database with birthdays and im fields. It's using os 5.2 I think. Hopefully, we'll see a treo with that soon. It's got bluetooth and a 1.2 mp "quality" camera. I'm hoping the rumors that the next treo are based off it are true I'm jealous of my friend who just got a 72.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Seems like Cnet doesnt like it too much, they only rate it a 7.9 and compare it alot to the T600 not being able to match it in design. In either event, seems like a good review for anyone that want to read it. Go to www.cnet.com as it is listed on the home page.

happy reading

rob
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I like the design of the MDA III being released by T-Mobile in Europe. See:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5076.html

It has a slide out qwerty keyboard, wifi and bluetooth.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    The official size of the HP is 4.68"x2.95"x0.73". In comparison, the Treo 600 is 4.4"x2.4"x0.9". The Tungsten T3 when closed is 4.2"x3.0"x0.51". I had the Tungsten T before, I experimented holding it to my head as if it were a cell phone, and to be honest, it felt really geeky. At least the HP supports BT (+) and WiFi (not necessary to tho)... but BT headsets aren't stereo, yet. (-). 95% of the time I use my stereo headphones on my Treo to listen to phone calls (the microphone is pretty sensitive on the Treo so I can leave it 2 feet away from me, even in my shirt pocket (+)), but the times I have to hold it to my head, it feels comfortable, small enough that I don't feel like I look like a freak or anything. I wouldn't buy the HP, but it's nice for competition to heat up against PalmOne. We're surely to get a better Treo phone for sure. (The Treo Ace looks awesome).

-Perfectly happy with his Treo 600
    Just to add one link:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q.../11861_na.HTML

Let's face it if this one is well executed it would be cool. It has what we have been salivating for our treos Bt/Wi-fi, if they manage the battery carefully they may have a winner. Also the battery is removable so you can carry a spare one if needed.

The good thing is that this will put some pressure on PalmOne to deliver the next Treo, the problem here is I don't have the money to buy a new threo neither this HP thing.

On side ideas, a removable keyboard could make the treo as small as some panasoniks that look as keyrings, that I personally don't like. Also it's strange that it had taken the treo so much time to be available on Verizon and this thing would be available in around 25 days.