Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any luck with this product? I installed it over the weekend to check it out and it's not Treo 600 friendly at all.

Does anyone happen to know if they plan to release a Treo 600-friendly version?
    I emailed them a while back and they said they were going to put out a treo 600 friendly version, but nothing yet!
    I have been a Silver Screen user since v 1.0. When I went from my Kyocera to the Treo 600, it was a good transfer. What problems are you having? Be glad to help.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    It's just not that d-pad friendly. I want to access everything on my screen without removing the stylus. Although silverscreen is beautiful, and I loved it on my zire 71, I've become accustomed to keypad and d-pad driven apps and launchers.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oneklassy1
    I have been a Silver Screen user since v 1.0. When I went from my Kyocera to the Treo 600, it was a good transfer. What problems are you having? Be glad to help.
    5-way is not supported. you have to use the stylus to launch apps which is unacceptable.
    yeah, what you said.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    yeah, what you said.
    looks like you beat me to it - thanks for agreeing with me!!
    I use version 3.2.1 and it works just fine. I can scroll and launch apps using the 5 way.
    Road Below

IHS
    But you have to pull out the stylus to access the buttons on the bottom bar, and to hide and show the bottom bar. Zlauncher allows total access to everything about an app with a long press: change categories, copying, moving to card, beaming, sending, app info, trashing it, ect. That's the winningest feature.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    I use version 3.2.1 and it works just fine. I can scroll and launch apps using the 5 way.
    so, you can navigate to an app and launch it be pressing the center button on the d-pad??? (without pulling out the stylus)
    You're killin' me!! I have used SS for about a year on my T600 and never noticed that I use my thumbnail to access the bottom buttons. Hey Pocket Sensei fix this!!
    Road Below

IHS
    DPW-Yeah just hit the center button which puts the cursor on the screen and scroll and hit it again to launch.
    Road Below

IHS
    :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    You're killin' me!! I have used SS for about a year on my T600 and never noticed that I use my thumbnail to access the bottom buttons. Hey Pocket Sensei fix this!!
    upgrade to v3.2.4 (which is the only one available) and i bet that it stops working
    ??????????
    I was supposed to be laughing at you! Guess I didn't get the last laugh!!
  16.    #16  
    personally, i don't need the app any more
    2Day does everything that i need
    Yeah, 2day is very cool and d-pad fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    upgrade to v3.2.4 (which is the only one available) and i bet that it stops working
    That's the version I have and it works for me. Hitting the Dpad left and right cycles through the categories, hitting the center button focuses on applications and then hit it agan when you reach the right app. I agree it could be much better, but this does work on 3.2.4.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    Yes, there are some differences with Silver and ZLauncher. I agree that some may not like having to use the stylus to drag an app to the toolbar in Silver. I have to disagree with the comment on v3.2.4. In the Silver preferences, you do need the stylus/finger to select "General-Theme-Ticker" and to drag an icon to the toolbar. Knock off 2-stars for that! But other than that, the 5-way has worked fine.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    i love silver screen even since the treo 180 i have had it its just gret hits all of my needs
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast