1.    #1  
    My day-old Treo is great, except when people call me or I use it as a phone. The callers 'drop out' frequently and I can't hear them. I originally thought it was a reception problem, but it happens on EVERY call... I have another Verizon phone and when used in the same area it doesn't happen, so I concluded it wasn't a coverage issue. My Sprint Treo never did this... anyone else on Verizon having this problem? I'm sending my Treo back to be replaced today.
    I know I'm late on this but I got mine two days ago and am having the same problem. Did you end up with a replacement or did you find a way to fix it?
    Try turning off voice privacy.

Phone > Preferences > Enable Voice Privacy Radio button
    Tried this, thought it worked in that the next call I got I heard... then it cut out and I haven't been able to get the phone receiver to work again. Any other ideas?
  5.    #5  
    I got it replaced, only to get a replacement with a bad screen that was tinted blue/green and flickered... which I also got replaced... my third treo is here and so far is working okay.
    Is the Verizon Treo not ready for prime time?
    Welcome to the world of Palmone and their quality control. You can try searching on this forum for people replacing these things quite a few times regardless of carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycvzwtreo
    My day-old Treo is great, except when people call me or I use it as a phone. The callers 'drop out' frequently and I can't hear them. I originally thought it was a reception problem, but it happens on EVERY call... I have another Verizon phone and when used in the same area it doesn't happen, so I concluded it wasn't a coverage issue. My Sprint Treo never did this... anyone else on Verizon having this problem? I'm sending my Treo back to be replaced today.
    Is this happening when using a heaset?

I ask because I find that, because of the "bump" where the Treo's earpiece is located, it has to be precisely aligned with your ear in order for you to be able to hear your callers.
    Phone works fine with headset and speakerphone. VZW Data group tech support ran me through some exercises (full factory reset) and couldn't figure out why I the earpiece wouldn't work and diagnosed bad hardware.

This is probably a coincidence but I updated PRL (*228) and since then it appears to be working. Does this make sense?