1.    #1  
    Is anyone else going to buy this today? seems like a great deal for only $5. How well does it work on the Treo600?

Edit: I guess i should have said it was $5 at palmgear.com , sorry
    Last edited by chucka; 07/26/2004 at 09:01 AM.
    where did you see this price? I just checked their site and palmgear, and it is $18.95.
    Let me know, I would be interested in getting it for that price.

Lewisl77
  3.    #3  
    go to palmgear and go under the spectacular tab on top of the page, then scroll down.

edit (again): i went to check out and it said $6.95, still a good deal though
    I would but the demo made my treo run a bit slow
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    You should probably read some of the posts on their forum (they were developing a treo 600 version and asked for beta testers) before buying this:
    http://www.pocketcraft.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

The program had promise, but the total lack of communication and updates on their part was appalling. And I'm not sure how the regular version differs from the treo 600 version either... it might not be as 5-way friendly I'd imagine (not like the treo version handled the 5-way all that intelligently anyway). I was really dissappointed since the "today" screen this launcher offers could be really useful.
    I downloaded the demo to give it a run first. Crashed the Treo in less than 5 mins. Skins don't render properly on the T600 either. Tried to drag an app into the Info icon.... soft reset.

Oh well, $4.95 may seem like a good deal but maybe I'd put it toward my next upgrade instead.
    The treo version of it never crashed my device, but it definately had some bugs that needed to be worked out, and missing functionality and/or features.
    what is the treo version vs. non treo version? i'm trying out 2.0.8a and it's kinda cool... chucka, make me buy it!! gimme your sales pitch.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    what is the treo version vs. non treo version? i'm trying out 2.0.8a and it's kinda cool... chucka, make me buy it!! gimme your sales pitch.
    i'll give it to you later.

i've been testing it all day with no problems or resets yet. If it works all day, i will buy it when i get home from work.

FYI. if you scroll down you will see that it says you get MoneyEZ for free with it and tells you what to do to get it. I'm trying both out and they seem to work good together. so basicall you are getting both programs for $6.95!

i'm gonna go play some more.
    *tapping foot*...
    *wonders if the credit card is nearby*...
    hey is the deal for today only?
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    You should probably read some of the posts on their forum (they were developing a treo 600 version and asked for beta testers) before buying this:
    http://www.pocketcraft.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

The program had promise, but the total lack of communication and updates on their part was appalling. And I'm not sure how the regular version differs from the treo 600 version either... it might not be as 5-way friendly I'd imagine (not like the treo version handled the 5-way all that intelligently anyway). I was really dissappointed since the "today" screen this launcher offers could be really useful.
    i also tried out the beta version for the treo 600 but delete it due to lack of communication from the developer
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard
    I downloaded the demo to give it a run first. Crashed the Treo in less than 5 mins. Skins don't render properly on the T600 either. Tried to drag an app into the Info icon.... soft reset.
    are you using a CDMA or GSM treo? firmware version? are the included themes compatible w/the treo? in the ReadMe file, it says they're for "Hi-Density devices."

<--confused
    there are several low res themes you can download from the pocket craft website
    hmmm, let's see: it's advertised for $4.95 but actually costs $6.96 upon checkout. And after you pay the additional $2.00, and your credit card is billed, then facer sends you an email telling you that as that is part of a special deal, upgrades ARE NOT FREE!!!

NOt dealing with that again. POOR customer relations, in my opinion, and I don't rave often.
    I just got that email as well. I think it's a pretty crappy bait-and-switch, especially since they did not disclose that there would be no upgrades at the discounted price.
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    That's really poor cs. I emailed them with this complaint, especially about the fact that the buyer is not informed of this PRIOR to purchase, and when I asked for my money back, they said "You may request a refund at palmgear. Please contact them for a refund. Thanks"
    No apologies, nothing.