Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So what's the word on the street about egrips? I read an old thread with positive reviews but would also be interested in hearing from others. Which model did you buy the wide sides, wrap around or original? Thanks.
    I bought original and wrapback. Wrapback is my preference. Both have had instances of peeling. I definitely have a better grip with the egrips on so I just deal with the peeling and buy a new set every few months.
    well I'd give 'em a hearty thumbs up. I have had one set or another since they came out, and swear by them. It also depends on what type of case or holster/whatever you plan to use. I have the ProClips holster, and it works just fine with egrips. Go for it, I'd say.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I ordered transparent wrapbacks and they are great. Works well with my ProClip holster.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Just picked up a set of "Camouflage" Egrips from Radioshack yesterday and they seem to do the job, no more slipping and sliding, can't wait to try it on the dashboard of the van!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    So how do yall like the proclip holster? I am considering getting the egrips and the proclip holster but am concerned with its sturdiness. Does it drop the treo at all?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    not once!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    and the holster's clip... is it rugged enough to stay attached? How weird is it when you sit down?
    egrips are well worth the $10. By the way, I use both a cradle and a HS form fit case - the Treo fits into both with the egrips on (although the cradle is a little snug).
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    I have one original slim side on since Nov 03. I also have one wider side piece on the other side (This was a test.) The wider works well but doesn't look as attractive as the slimmer one.

I also bought six strips for the under side of my laptop. Great idea.
    I also have a small piece on the under side of my TV remote.

For you Wrapback users-do you find that you can get enough grip on the sides since it doesn't cover the chrome pieces?

Tks
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 07/26/2004 at 09:15 PM.
    I love them.

I use the Wrapback and the original side pieces as well.
    Doesnt the other versions have side inserts/stickers that give grip or is that just my miscalculation?
    There are three types of egrips available for the Treo 600:

Old Style: Includes thin side pieces and small back piece.

New Style: Includes thick side pieces and small back piece.

Wrap Back: Includes extra large back piece only.

There are cut out images of all three at the egrips web site.
    yeah, i saw the cutouts on the website which is what confused me. they say that the wrapback is for the serious protection, which led me to believe the others werent covering the sides as well as the wrapback design. it looked like the wrapback was big enough to wrap around to the sides, is that not the case?
    The Wrap Back covers about 1/4 of the sides. It's not a ton of side coverage. I am able to still use the thin side pieces and the Wrap Back at the same time. It gives me full coverage.
    Cool! I have a big hand and dont think the side inserts will benefit much, unless I use it as a styling statement and cut out horizontal strips on the side of the treo, kinda like the aluminum hardcase...
    I have the Wrap Backs. With them on I cannot get my Treo to fit in the case that came with it.

I love the way they grip so I'm going caseless now.
    Any ideas on what to do to fix a corner of the wrap back that is starting to peel?....been on only about 2 weeks (and its not the corner that fits into the cradle). They are great, but im sure the small area peeling will continue to expand (I used the alcohol cleaning pad when installing to help make sure of good adhesion - guess I was wrong).

Any ideas would be appreciated!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast