Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have created a free utility to manage Aqua button overlay files. With it, you copy all of your .prc overlay files to a folder on your SD card called /aquabuttons. Then run the Aqua Button Manager, to install whichever one you want. The program will automatically remove the old one, and install the new one. There is also a random button.

Direct link to download page:
    http://www.microseconds.com/palm

Aqua button files are available from this thread and probably others:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=aqua
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is cool! Works great!

Thanks,
    Mark
    Will it restore the palm default?
  4.    #4  
    It will only add and remove button files that originated from the /aquabuttons folder on your SD card. You could put the original .prc that came with your Treo in that folder, and it would become one of your choices. I beleive that if you remove all the custom overlay files, the buttons are returned to default. That is what happens on mine (Sprint model). So to use this program best, you should have no overlay files manually installed, and use Button Manager to install them-- that way it can keep track of what is going on. Hope this helps.
    Very cool! Any way to make it so that it randomly installs a different skin every day, or at set intervals?
  6.    #6  
    Randomly changing at random intervals is the first thing planned for the next version. Thanks for the nice comments.
    How about starting a thread, or someone being gracious enough to allow posting to their website for a collection of the _spcs.prc files that this app uses. I know that their has been a variety of posts on TC regarding the aqua buttons files, but it would be great if they could all be consolidated in one place.

I have been leery about using the overlays, but now with this application, it seems like a no brainer to add and remove the files without creating any problems on the phone.

I would love to see all of the files that people have created, located in one spot for all to enjoy.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  8.    #8  
    The webmaster from MYTREO.NET just informed me that they have a large collection of these files at the following link:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...download&cid=9
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work. It finds the directory on my SD card and displays the available buttons. However, when I try to install one, my screen returns to the standard Treo phone screen with the original buttons. Any ideas?
  10.    #10  
    Manually remove any installed overlay files from your Treo's internal memory. Also remove a files called: Phone_LOGO.PRC (I had to do this on my phone), if it exists. Then try to run Button Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnederlof
    Manually remove any installed overlay files from your Treo's internal memory. Also remove a files called: Phone_LOGO.PRC (I had to do this on my phone), if it exists. Then try to run Button Manager.
    All the phone application (Phone.prc) overlays have the same creator and filetype, even though the filenames are different. You might want to consider adding some code to your application that looks for a creator of HsPh and a filetype of cCLb in RAM (as opposed to ROM, which will always have one).

How the interface in your program deals with finding one already in RAM is up to you, but it will probably save you a LOT of support questions if your app checks this, and allows the user to either delete it, or move (not copy) it to your folder on the SD card, before you copy another overlay file to RAM.

If you really want to make this foolproof for the user, you might also want to check if there is a copy of the actual Phone.prc (application) file in RAM too, as this usually indicates that the user installed a very old version of the AQUA buttons, which depended on having a modified version of the phone application itself instead of just an overlay file. There is no reason I know of to have an old version of the actual Phone.prc application in RAM, as the current version in ROM is newer, with fewer bugs, and more features.

Bill S

ps Nice application, by the way. I'm sure it will prove useful to many!
    Silly question, but how do I get the standards buttons back?? just to be on the safe side, does it also change the w-on w-off screens??
    Actually I could'n resist an intalled the aqua overlay and I canīt get the old ones back? what should I do if I want ever come back??
    I figured it out reading some posts, But I had to use Filez. I thought that the Options, Remove buttons... would do it, but it doesn't so beware.

Cool app anyway
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, the "remove buttons" option, will only remove buttons, that Button Manager has installed itself.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thank you DNEDERLOF. I got rid of Phone_LOGO.PRC. It was scary, though, removing a file I was afraid the OS might need. Right away I had new buttons. But I still couldn't use the program to change to anything else. It turns out that one of the skins I found in that other TC thread must have been read only (it's name included the phrases "sprint" and "fav." Any time I'd install that one, I couldn't switch to anything else. It works great now, however. Thanks.
    Once you have selected the overlay button file, do you need to keep the SD card in? I use my 512 card for multiple things right now (digi cam and my phone) and I'd like to be able to remove it and carry on with my new buttons. Is this possible?
  17.    #17  
    Yes you can take the card out. The program installs the file to the internal phone memory. With the current version of Button Manager make sure you leave the button files on the SD card, because that is what it uses to remove and add files.
    This is great ... thanks so much for sharing it with us!
    Quote Originally Posted by dnederlof
    Yeah, the "remove buttons" option, will only remove buttons, that Button Manager has installed itself.
    Excuse me but it doesn't, I've never used an overlay in my Treo. So here goes some info about my phone if you figure it out I'll be thankful

Phone info:
    Firmware: 03.05
    Software: Treo600-1.12-ROW
    Hardware: B

Overlay:
    PhoneAQUA+_INT2.prc I get it from here: http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php..._PalmOne&cid=9
  20.    #20  
    The next beta will feature an all new way of removing installed overlay files. You can try that one. Seems to work for most people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast