1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo600 since January, and the thing looks like its 2 years old already. Besides a large amount of dust under the screen, the chrome and grey finishes to the sides and top of the screen is wearing off. I cringe to think of what the screen surface itself would look like if I weren't using a screen protector. I use the horizontal case provided by Cingular, but often just keep it in my front pocket if my pants are loose enough. It certainly doesn't look like the $500 jewel that it was when I first got it. I've seen $70 Nokias age more gracefully (and take a LOT more abuse).

Has anyone seen replacement faceplates out there? Anyone have a dead 600 I can cannibalize?
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    Anyone have a dead 600 I can cannibalize?
    Cannibal!

...Actually, I'm in the same boat. I wish there was some way to replace the casing on the Treo 600. So, er... can I join your cannibal party? I'll bring soda.
    I currently have a silver GSM, I would love to get my hands on an Orange grey GSM version, personally
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    100thMonkey,

I'll switch with you! I have the Orange but would so much prefer the light grey...

I'd also like to find out if you can indeed change the faceplate...

Cheers, W.
    I wonder if you could buy a dummy phone from here:

http://www.dummyphones.com/TREO_dummies.htm

And use it as a replacement housing. I know people use them all the time for regular cell phones. They only have the Sprint version though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    100thMonkey,

I'll switch with you! I have the Orange but would so much prefer the light grey...

I'd also like to find out if you can indeed change the faceplate...

Cheers, W.
    you probably don't want mine, like the original poster, I have damage after 8 months of use...I would like to rejuvenate the handset and I'd like to change it...but I honestly wouldn't feel good about trading mine as it has been bounced off concrete and has dings. Thanks for the offer though

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I wonder if you could buy a dummy phone from here:

http://www.dummyphones.com/TREO_dummies.htm

And use it as a replacement housing. I know people use them all the time for regular cell phones. They only have the Sprint version though.
    I have tried that before with other phones, T68 and P800, in particular and the dummies didn't fit as snugly as production models

other people have got the dummy phones but none of the cut outs fit and its just all wrong mine is not to bad as i am changing it every couple of days or thats what it feels like anyway
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    $60 for a faceplate from a dummy phone. "Dummy" is applicabd
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I was just looking at faceplates yesterday and seems like I always get phones that they don't make the faceplates for.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre