Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    only gsm right now. that's all i knowl since i'm sprint!
    FunSMS is really good. I find it a little over the top for my needs but it does get around the problem of the inbuilt SMS app having to delete all messages in a thread even though you only want to delete one!
    IMO, I think they should rename it from FunSMS to something a little more professional. 'Fun' implies that it is a gimmick or a game (which it's not).
    www.gsmworld.com
  3.    #23  
    Yeah it's definitely a great looking app...but unfortunately it only offers the ability to send the SMS later rather than allowing you to scheduled time at which to send it....
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Hello,

to send the SMS later rather than allowing you to scheduled time at which to send it....
    That's fun I just finished a SMS application that allow to send SMS at a given date (m/d/y h:m:s) for my personal use. It works well on my TReo600 (GSM) but I never tested it on a CDMA device
    There is some cool options like:
    * if the device is off (Keygard on- radio on), it wake up the device, unlock keygard, display a 10 seconds countdown with 2 small cancel buttons (bottom left and bottom right) that allow to cancel the SMS send. Once the sms is sent, I turn on the keygard and the device came back in its initial status.

It log all the sms status (pending, sent....canceled) and had some basic functions (purge all, delete...). Of course, it check the phone status before trying to send anything.

unfortunatly, I don't have a CDMA device to test it, nor a CDMA network. From what I've learned in the Treo600 SDK (and from my dev tool support team), there is some differences between the CDMA and the GSM way to send a SMS on the T600.

If somes CDMA devices owners want to help in debugging, it would be great

Feel free to mail me.

Paule
    paule.lacan@free.fr
    Hi folks,

Ok, my scheduled SMS application works well on my Treo600 GSM but I'm still looking for at least one CDMA tester.

Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Paule
    paule.lacan@free.fr
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    FunSMS is really good. I find it a little over the top for my needs but it does get around the problem of the inbuilt SMS app having to delete all messages in a thread even though you only want to delete one!
    IMO, I think they should rename it from FunSMS to something a little more professional. 'Fun' implies that it is a gimmick or a game (which it's not).
    I think you can delete a message without deleting the whole thread in the built in SMS app, but I can' t remember how. Anyone?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by Paule
    Hi folks,

Ok, my scheduled SMS application works well on my Treo600 GSM but I'm still looking for at least one CDMA tester.

Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Paule
    paule.lacan@free.fr
    Sure, I'll test it.

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #28  
    Hello,

That's fun I just finished a SMS application that allow to send SMS at a given date (m/d/y h:m:s) for my personal use. It works well on my TReo600 (GSM) but I never tested it on a CDMA device
    There is some cool options like:
    * if the device is off (Keygard on- radio on), it wake up the device, unlock keygard, display a 10 seconds countdown with 2 small cancel buttons (bottom left and bottom right) that allow to cancel the SMS send. Once the sms is sent, I turn on the keygard and the device came back in its initial status.

It log all the sms status (pending, sent....canceled) and had some basic functions (purge all, delete...). Of course, it check the phone status before trying to send anything.

unfortunatly, I don't have a CDMA device to test it, nor a CDMA network. From what I've learned in the Treo600 SDK (and from my dev tool support team), there is some differences between the CDMA and the GSM way to send a SMS on the T600.

If somes CDMA devices owners want to help in debugging, it would be great

Feel free to mail me.

Paule
    paule.lacan@free.fr

This sounds great. I have a question about it though - I assume it's its own application? So, if you use it, will it integrate the SMSes already on the Treo (as displayed in the default Treo SMS app)? I.e., when I write an SMS in your program, and I go to the default Treo SMS app, it won't be shown there, and vice versa...?

Thanks!!
    Hi folks,

Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Paule
    paule.lacan@free.fr

I can test it as well, PM me on what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I think you can delete a message without deleting the whole thread in the built in SMS app, but I can' t remember how. Anyone?
    You have to click on the message in the chat thread and have it highlighted before you hit delete. If you click on the name of the sender at the beginning of the specific incoming message it will select the whole message.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphem
    This sounds great. I have a question about it though - I assume it's its own application? So, if you use it, will it integrate the SMSes already on the Treo (as displayed in the default Treo SMS app)? I.e., when I write an SMS in your program, and I go to the default Treo SMS app, it won't be shown there, and vice versa...?

Thanks!!
    Yes, I do not use the built-in SMS database, but my own database.

Cheers

Paule
  12.    #32  
    I'd love to be another GSM tester...
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have this scheduled SMS sender pick-up birthdates so I can automatically send people birthday messages?
    i would also be interested in that software! This is getting exciting... anybody knows how to purge chat messages? Even you purge ALL messages, the chat remains! GRRR!!!
    CDMA tester available here...
    NY
    Hi,

I have developped an application of the same kind working perfectly.

Mail me your requirements on on 3mpeople@datainfosys.net.

BR

3mpeople

Hey, I was wondering if there is such an app where I could write an SMS, and choose to send it at a later time - so like placing it in my outbox, qued to send at the defined time...Kind of like TreoButler, but this will actually send the SMS that has been written and is in the outbox. Does this exist, if not, is anyone else interested in an app like this...?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]
    Hi

I have developped various SMS based applications which will help the community in their day to day life.

The application does not require any Hardware or Software, you can do the same through sending SMS on a sahort/long code.

If you have any requirement for the same, please send me the details of the same on 3mpeople@datainfosys.net.

BR

3mpeople
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12