1.    #1  
    Version 1.71 of Butler - some alert is being set off, but I can't tell what it is. I've got a strong hunch that it has to do with Chatter - anyone else experience this?
    The latest version of Butler is 1.8

The first thing I'd do is upgrade to the latest version and see if these unknown alerts go away.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=52726
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up - I should have checked before posting
  4.    #4  
    I upgraded to Butler 1.8, still getting the alerts - but now think this has nothing to do with Chatter (apologies to mblanc).

I only get the alerts when I' using WebViewer. I open Webviewer, and in 10 seconds (my repeat alert setting) I get pestered with my alert tone (every 10 seconds). Does Webviewer interact with the alarm in the Treo somehow that would cause a trigger to Butler?
    There is a similar thread somewhere on Lightwav playing MP3 files whenever WebViewer is accessed. I wonder if the two issues are related and it's more of WebViewer issue.....
    There is a webviewer issue - it triggers the attention grabber 'attention manager' alerts. I've exchanged a couple of wemails with a webviewer guy about it. Probably good to let them know how many folks have a problem.

Sounds like it's a problem with the java implementation on the palm though.

Workaround is to disable attention manager in attention grabber - or use Xiino!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Yeah I had the same problem when I was trying to run butler and webviewer as well. i even disabled the attention manager cause I figured that was it but it just kept on doing it so I just removed butler for now.
    1.9 now has a fix for this

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....t;action=post2

the only real fix will be if people complain to IBM/palm about their implementation of the java vm though!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre