Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    I think you're splitting hairs over a technical issue. It gets you your mail without constantly polling the server. Isn't that enough? If Blackberry is so much better, get a Blackberry.
    The reason he's splitting hairs, Andy, is because the claim in the original post (which I assume is copied from MailWave's website) states:

"Mailwave beat RIM BlackBerry to the PalmOS market ".

The point he's making is that MailWave doesn't appear to be anything like BlackBerry, which is a server-side solution. It appears to be nothing more than a desktop re-director, of which there's already quite a few. MailWave may have an "enterprise" version, which would be similar to BlackBerry, but then so does Sprint's BC, BaseJet (now defunct), as well as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Using Chatter and fastmail.fm, for example, I typically receive email on my Treo within a few seconds of its arrival at the server. Often, I see it on my Treo before my PC client (Outlook) sees it.

-m
    With Chatter, my Treo receives the mail up to a minute sooner than Outlook and generally (I think) within seconds of it arriving at my Fastmail account.
    I think you're splitting hairs over a technical issue. It gets you your mail without constantly polling the server. Isn't that enough? If Blackberry is so much better, get a Blackberry.
    Splitting hairs? I think not.

I don't recall ever saying one was better than the other. I'm simply pointing out that to say this product is the first Blackberry like solution for the Treo is wrong.

Read minsc's post. He fully understood my post. You clearly did not.
    I use Exchange and Sprint BizConn and my messages usually arrive within a minute or two. As far as I can tell the SMS messages they use don't count towards the 100 free that I get as part of the unlimited wireless (Vision) pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Splitting hairs? I think not.

I don't recall ever saying one was better than the other. I'm simply pointing out that to say this product is the first Blackberry like solution for the Treo is wrong.

Read minsc's post. He fully understood my post. You clearly did not.
    If that's not splitting hairs then let's just say you're picking fly sh** out of the pepper. The statement by Mailwave was just marketing fluff. It didn't say "our solution is exactly like Blackberry's." It just said they beat Blackberry to the market, and by my reckoning they are right - Mailwave got their product out before RIM's. Of course in the scheme of things very few people will give a sh** about this for more than a few seconds.

I tell you what. I will concede your point that Mailwave is not EXACTLY the same solution as Blackberry. Feel free to trumpet your glorious rightness from the mountaintop, and let's call it a day.
    I'd use business connection, but I use a laptop and don't have a desktop that I can count on to have a constant connection
    Feel free to trumpet your glorious rightness from the mountaintop, and let's call it a day.
    Okay then.

TOOT TOOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    snapper takes too long to sync and my e-mail doesn't work too well with sms notifications so this looks awesome to me

Testing it out today. Will report back later
    CDMA Treos battery life sometimes requires not allowing Chatter to run all the time, pushing email to the Treo. The <menu>L command disables the Inbox, which allows you to quickly turn off chatter. I find that when I <menu>L it back on, it dowloads new mail and sync's the flags in 1/10 of the time it takes Snapper.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12