1.    #1  
    I just bought the Treo 600 w/ Verizon service (unlimited data). I've tried but am not entirely successful using the e-mail function. I can view the e-mail (hotmail and aol accounts) but (1) it takes a very long time to access the accounts through the browser and (2) so far I haven't been successful in composing and sending an email message.

How do I shorten the time to read email and how do I compose email messages?

I also have been reading about PoP3, IMAt, Snapper Mail and Verizon Mobil Solutions for e-mail. And also just finished reading about Intel Sync software that can integrate email, calendar etc through Verizon.

What are they and how do work?

Thanks.

MCHOW
    Search is a very powerful tool. Try using it. You'll be amazed at what you find.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Patience is a very powerful quality. Try using it. You'll be amazed at how much less of a jerk you'll sound like.

Cripes.

I'm having a bit of trouble sending mail through VZN as well, so I'd be curious to hear what others are experiencing...
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Snapper Mail is considered to be one of the best e-mail solutions for the Palm OS. It offers access to multiple e-mail accounts, auto-fetching and a host of other features. You can download a trial version at www.snappermail.com

Intelisync offers more real time access to your in box where you actually are syncing your Treo with your inbox wirelessly.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, however I was able to get Intelisync to work with my POP 3 Yahoo account. I have to say it works very well and automatically grabs my mail.

What mail are you trying to recieve? What application?

You will need to download the sftware at http://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com

Then you need to set up your email account. You will ned your server information.

After ste up you should be all set (It took a little while for me to recieve the email from my Yahoo account) However now it works great.

Let me know:
    The software that needs to be downloaded should also be available on the Wireless Sync disc that came with the T600.

Additionally, is there anything that's installed on the phone itself? I downloaded the client software (wireless sync) to my desktop and went through the procedures to set it up; however, I feel like I'm missing something here - perhaps a Verizon branded email client (a la Snapper) was also supposed to be installed.

I'm assuming those of you that are using WS are using Snapper as your default broswer?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular
    I had the same problem, however I was able to get Intelisync to work with my POP 3 Yahoo account. I have to say it works very well and automatically grabs my mail.

What mail are you trying to recieve? What application?

You will need to download the sftware at http://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com

Then you need to set up your email account. You will ned your server information.

After ste up you should be all set (It took a little while for me to recieve the email from my Yahoo account) However now it works great.

Let me know:
    Do yourself a favor... get Snappermail. It is the easiest to use and setup. You can have multiple mailboxes, and receive and delete easily using "finger nav".

Very easy to setup and use, great support.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I also have Snapper mail on my Treo howver it didn't seem to grab the mail, even whe I set it to auto check? Any suggestions?

Also I can't seem to get the PC Sync on my desktop to work correctly, it says it cant open outlook address book?

Any suggestions?
    Already agreed. I have a Mac so Wireless Sync is really of no use to me. I've just been trying it out through Virtual PC.

Snapper + TreoHelper is a good solution (excellent if you have unlimited text messaging).

I'm minimalistic (but my no means minimal! ). The ideal situation for me (and many others) would be a single email app that can handle: push (POP/IMAP) email, multiple accounts, easy contact management features (like saving names, contact info) right from an email (or text message) to your Address Book/Contact Management software, etc.

A lot of this software exists. Although I've been finding that there is so much trial and error involved with customization to your needs - for whichever type (PIM, email client, utility, etc.) you choose. Sometimes you just want to go simple and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by taximan
    Do yourself a favor... get Snappermail. It is the easiest to use and setup. You can have multiple mailboxes, and receive and delete easily using "finger nav".

Very easy to setup and use, great support.