1.    #1  
    Movie Rec is a great program (and free). However, I don'r belive there is a way to convert the video files to a format that is watchable on a PC.

I like the ability to record videos, but I don't want them to be imprisoned in my Treo. What if I wanted to send one to a friend?

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert teh Movie Rec files (.mvr) to a useable format (avi or such), or better yet, does there exist a movie recording program that can record directly to a useful format.

MMplayer can play native windows video formats, so what can record them?
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoseGiganticus
    Movie Rec is a great program (and free). However, I don'r belive there is a way to convert the video files to a format that is watchable on a PC.

I like the ability to record videos, but I don't want them to be imprisoned in my Treo. What if I wanted to send one to a friend?

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert teh Movie Rec files (.mvr) to a useable format (avi or such), or better yet, does there exist a movie recording program that can record directly to a useful format.

MMplayer can play native windows video formats, so what can record them?
    Try Live! from www.toysoft.ca you can export directly to avi and play it on MMPLayer or send it your desktop. You will need MJPG codec on the desktop to view it.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    You can convert MovieRec videos (no sound) to avi format using a desktop (java-based) converter: http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/

The MJPG codec for Live, by the way, is standard with QuickTime, but a non-standard codec for Windows Media Player.

If you have a familiarity with VirtualDub, and a little patience, you can combine Live's video and audio, and send and audio/video combo to folks: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53446
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I've been trying to get live to work for days.