1.    #1  
    Just got my Verizon Treo 600 (Used to have a 7135) and would like to know the easiest way to create, upload, and manage ringtones on the Treo from my Mac.

Most of the the songs that I would use will come from MP3's that I already have.

Can anyone point me to a link or is there a procedure outlined somewhere?

Thanks!
    Last edited by martinreu; 07/25/2004 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinreu
    Just got my Verizon Treo 600 (Used to have a 7135) and would like to know how the easiest way to create, upload, and manage ringtones on the Treo from my Mac.

Most of the the songs that I would use will come from MP3's that I already have.

Can anyone point me to a link or is there a procedure outlined somewhere?

Thanks!
    get Lightwav from www.toysoft.ca wav/mp3/ogg/wma/midi ringtone manager. you will need PocketTunes from www.normsoft.com for mp3/ogg/wma.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I haven't been able to get LightWav to work properly on my Verizon Treo. It plays both the LighWav designated sound as well as the sound defined through the Treo menu (default ring) simultaneously.

You might also check out Phone Technician ($6) . It's not quite as expensive as LightWav ($16.95) and you're not able to assign different ringtones to individual callers or groups, but I've at least been able to get it working properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I haven't been able to get LightWav to work properly on my Verizon Treo. It plays both the LighWav designated sound as well as the sound defined through the Treo menu (default ring) simultaneously.

You might also check out Phone Technician ($6) . It's not quite as expensive as LightWav ($16.95) and you're not able to assign different ringtones to individual callers or groups, but I've at least been able to get it working properly.
    did you ever read the manual? to turn off the midi sound goto the Phone app sound Prefs and turn known and unknown callers to "silent". its not hard to setup wav/mp3 ringtones in lwav.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I did, but did not see these instructions. Thank you for the help.
  6.    #6  
    OK, I've emailed myself several .mid files (from Treobits) and have attemped to copy them to the card using Snappermail. It appears to copy but they're not showing up on the card, nor in Lightwave.

They do have a .mid extension and are small enough (8 - 20K)

What's missing? Or what should I be doing differently?

Thanks!