1.    #1  
    I was a bleeding edge early adopter of the Sprint Treo 600. First unit had the well-known screw rattle problem, along with the ear jack becoming disconnected/non-functional (I still think they are related), but the second unit has worked like a charm. In my world I need a cell phone and a PDA on me essentially 100% of the time (even next to me on the nightstand), so a converged device has completely improved my world. To me, the thumboard on the 600 as well as the compact form factor is what makes this device head and shoulders above the rest. I use Co-Launcher, and I've assigned an app to virtually every button on the keyboard. I cun run any app with 2 button presses, and I don't have to take out the stylus. I love my Treo.

So here's my problem: Verizon gives way better phone coverage in the areas where I spend most of my time, but the 600 I just got from Verizon has a noticeably bluer tint to the screen compared to my Sprint Treo. This also has the effect of making the screen much more dim by comparison. I remember how I thought the screen was too daggone bright on the Treo when I first got it from Sprint, but I must say that I really don't care for the blue screen on the Verizon. I don't mind that it's dimmer - the Sprint was already too bright. But the bluer screen makes the contrast less aesthetically pleasing to me. I really like the white, white background of the Treo screen better, because the contrast it provides is easier on the eyes.

The thing that's killing me is that I'm sure I never would have noticed the bluer Verizon screen if I had never seen the Sprint screen before it.

But...here's my question. To all you fellow Verizon 600 users out there - do you also notce a blue tint to your screen? Or is there simply a small batch of Verizon units that have this blueness? Should I send this one back in hopes of a whiter screen, or are ALL the Verizon Treos blue? Is it possible PalmOne deliberately changed the screen hue in order to make the screen less bright (many users really did feel the original Sprint screen was too bright). Is it possible that the dimmer screen will somehow save battery life? I can't see how, since I could comfortably leave my Sprint Treo screen on the dimmest setting most of the time.

Any thoughts?
    The screen color is dependent on where Pa1mOne source out their displays.

For the most part when T-Mo initially declared their support for the T600, a lot of users reported the blue hue color.
    My Treo600 from Verizon (arrived last friday), it doesn't have a blue tint when looked at straight on (from an angle, all these screens look funny). It does, unfortunately, have to go home to Verizon-- it has an odd problem on phone calls where I can't hear the person... the receive end sounds scratchy and unreliable.
    I have received my 4th replacement and it has the "blue tint", just like my second replacement (which I replaced because of that).

If the blue tint is the ONLY problem you have, then just ignore it. You'll forget about it in a week or so, and you'll get used to looking at your Treo at the best angle for minimizing the blue tint effect. Getting a perfect Treo is VERY RARE and thus I wouldn't recommend initiating a replacement (and risking getting a Treo with a good screen and a different, more serious issue).
    I wonder if these tints is because of the new screen suppliers PalmOne got?
    I never noticed it until I saw this thread, but - yes - my Verizon T600 does have a blue tint.

Frankly, I think that even with the blue tint the screen is too bright. The first setting change I made upon receiving my phone last Wednesday was to set the brightness at the dimmest possible setting. It's ok for daylight viewing, but still too bright for dark rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDoctor
    I never noticed it until I saw this thread, but - yes - my Verizon T600 does have a blue tint.

Frankly, I think that even with the blue tint the screen is too bright. The first setting change I made upon receiving my phone last Wednesday was to set the brightness at the dimmest possible setting. It's ok for daylight viewing, but still too bright for dark rooms.
    If you press FUNCTION and P, it lowers the brightness and lights up the keyboard. Both are done in order to make the Treo more comfortable during low-light conditions.
    My T600 developed a large white spot on the screen after about three weeks. I just received the replacement and the differences in the screen are very clear. My first one had a slightly blue tint. My new one has a stronger blueish green tint. This is true regardless of how I set the brightness and contrast. When you hold them next to each other you can really see the difference. The first one looked brighter and closer to white, but I'll learn to live with the new one if everything else checks out. They clearly have some quality control issues with the screens.

BTW, VZW was great on the replacement. No hassles and they FedExed the new phone overnight.
    In the attached photo you can see the two phones side by side (the Verizon phone clearly identifiable by the logo) and, to me at least, the Verizon seems to have no blue tint where the AT&T phone does. Both phones have the brightness levels set the same.

Cheers,
    Lactoso
    Attached Images Attached Images