1.    #1  
    I've been using US Money for a couple of years and have been hoping this would happen. I didn't make the cut as a beta tester but David from ultrasoft kindly offered to let me try it yesterday. There was a proble with my Sprint phone working with the five way. Turns out all of the tester were GSM users. He was able to pinpoint and fix the software in less than a day. I haven't had a chance to check out all the new features, but the stylus-free navigation is AWESOME. I love this app and it has a conduit syncing beautifully with MS Money.

I asked him if I could post the pre-release link here and he said yes under the condition that I tell everyone...

a) It's not on sale yet but the demo will run for 30 days.
    b) It's not a free upgrade. "We haven't decided on an upgrade price, but in the past, we've charged $19.95. It won't be any higher."

I have no affiliation with Ultrasoft other than I have used this software for some time. It's the best palm money program I've found with the best MS money syncing and now I can use it stylus-free and it has more features. I highly recommend giving it a try!

http://download.ultrasoft.com/files/pomo40-Gold-B.exe
    There should not be a charge for this upgrade! A program that costs $34.95 should update it's software more frequently to support the latest devices. The Treo came out 8 months ago, and they are just now getting around to D-Pad support, and now they want to charge me 20 bucks for it. Get real.

I sent my thoughts to their support team at sales@ultrasoft.com, and I suggest that all of us Treo users do the same!
    Guess what guys & gals, Ultrasoft continues to screw up, finally they provide Treo D-Pad support with the new Ultrasoft Money v4.0 but they leave out support for MS Money 2005. How lame is that?

Also what's up with avoiding answering a simple question regarding this put up on their support forum? Judge for yourself --> http://support.ultrasoft.com/forum/r...&sid=&p_prod=1
    My experience with Ultrasoft is that they are very slow at doing upgrades - thus the reason we are just now getting 5-way nav support.....

Sure wish I had swithced to Quicken before purchasing, as Landware has a mighty impressive Palm Quicken program....
    I found what I believe is an updated version of UltraSoft Money 4.0
    If anyone knows that this is older than what has been previously posted, please respond.

promo40.exe
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I found what I believe is an updated version of UltraSoft Money 4.0
    If anyone knows that this is older than what has been previously posted, please respond.

promo40.exe
    That's the one I posted at the begining of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    That's the one I posted at the begining of this thread.
    No, they're different.
    The one you posted is a beta release. The one I posted, I don't think is a beta. I could be wrong, but that's why I was looking for confirmation. When I go to "About Money" after installing the one I posted it says it is "Version 4.0". After installing the one you posted, it says it's "Version 4.0 GB"

I'm just hoping someone can confirm what the difference between the two versions are. Which one is newer? Are they both beta releases? Stuff like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BLUES; 08/13/2004 at 09:15 PM.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    No, they're different.
    The one you posted is a beta release. The one I posted, I don't think is a beta. I could be wrong, but that's why I was looking for confirmation. When I go to "About Money" after installing the one I posted it says it is "Version 4.0". After installing the one you posted, it says it's "Version 4.0 GB"

I'm just hoping someone can confirm what the difference between the two versions are. Which one is newer? Are they both beta releases? Stuff like that.
    They are the same beta release. If not, please detail me a difference. It is not out for release yet. They are both 4.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 08/14/2004 at 12:32 AM.
    I don't know what the difference is. That's the question I am hoping to get answered here. But I am confident, without any help, that the 2 versions are different because the verson numbers are different.

Maybe I should be asking the people at the Ultrasoft forums this question instead......

I agree. This is rather an expensive charge to upgrade the software. Especially since they already got me once upgrading to Money 2004. $19.95 is very expensive, as that is nearly the price of the full program. Very disappointing.
    My 4.0 demo runs out in 4 days. Anyone here back from Ultrasoft on upgrade price?????????