1.    #1  
    I have noticed that I have a vertical black bar of about 0.25cm on the right of my screen.

Is there a way to widen the 'pciture' like one might do on a TV, so the viewing area covers the whole area ?

I did not notice this before and think it might of happened after I updated the firmware.

Phone came from Orange UK and was updated with the firmware for Orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagadol
    I have noticed that I have a vertical black bar of about 0.25cm on the right of my screen.

Is there a way to widen the 'pciture' like one might do on a TV, so the viewing area covers the whole area ?

I did not notice this before and think it might of happened after I updated the firmware.

Phone came from Orange UK and was updated with the firmware for Orange.
    Try this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=screen+gap or this one from the Palm Support site: http://205.141.210.170/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...tem,CASE=18028 (reproduced below, seems like they moved or changed server)

< Home < Support
    Support Knowledge Library
    Solution ID: 18028

Troubleshooting: Treo 600 screen is slightly off-center

Have you noticed that the strip of black on the right side of the screen is slightly wider than the strip of black on the left side? Don't worry, this is not a defect. All Treo 600 screens are slightly off-center (to the left).

The screen: size vs. symmetry
    In order to design the Treo 600 as one of the most compact smartphones ever created, we had to squeeze the screen, along with all the other components, into a space of 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches. Rather than make the device symmetrical (and larger), we nudged the screen less than a quarter of an inch off-center, in order to accommodate the other components in minimal space.

During the design phase, our hardware designers toyed with increasing the width of the plastic casing along the right side of the screen (thus centering the screen in a plastic square that was slightly wider on the right), or making the device itself larger, but they didn't like the way that looked. We went with the more attractive option.

Is it a defect?
    No, this has been part of the Treo 600 specification from very early in the design phase.

Our product designers decided on a form factor that maximized the space available in an amazingly compact package.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/24/2004 at 02:21 AM.