Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just called Lockline and I found out that the insurance that I have been paying for doesn't cover the treo.
    They never have covered the treo! I'd ask for your money back.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Are you serious? I'm paying this, too. Also, how am I supposed to sleep at night once the warranty runs out? Well, I better cancel that right away and ask for my money back. What a lame policy.
    there have been some lengthy posts on this topic previously w/ other insurance ideas/suggestions, but bottom line is that this is definitely a hit for Cingular and a plus for Tmobile (which does provide T600 insurance)
    Off to iPhone land...
    Verizon appears to as well. I added it to my plan when I received the phone yesterday. I called Lockline today to finalize it (test call, etc) and they never once raised any concerns over the fact that I was insuring a Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBC247
    I just called Lockline and I found out that the insurance that I have been paying for doesn't cover the treo.
    Then they should state this in their policy, and they don't -- unless I'm missing something.
    Is this new? Lockline covered my Sprint Treo when I lost it in March.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalden
    Then they should state this in their policy, and they don't -- unless I'm missing something.
    They do not state this in thier policy. I read it completely a few times. One of my friends just bought a treo from cingular and he learned quite a few things that I did not know. One being that lockline doesn't cover the treo, and another is that the media works package does not apply to the treo. I know that has been discussed many times but I have the treo and I am on the media works package for 19.99, they would not let my friend use the media works package, they are charging him 39.99. I have been on that plan for quite a few months without any problems. I guess I just started up when they didn't really know much about the treo.
    I just called Cingular & Lockline. The Treo 600 is not covered. Call Cingular and they will credit any insurance payments you have paid.

Snahabed - your the lucky one! Any suggestions on todays lottery numbers?
    Well Ill be damned. I lost my treo 600 and I forced Cingular to replace it. I had been paying the $$$ every month and when it came time for them to fork over a new treo they had too because no where did it say it didnt cover it. Their the dumb a$$'s that sold me the insurance.
    I have a sprint treo and pay for the insurance. Is this a cingular issue, or should I be concerned?
    As far as the insurance is concerned, I spoke with Lockline some time ago and asked why a Sprint Treo was covered and a Cingular Treo wasn't. They explained that it was the carrier's decision.....so shame on Cingular!

As far as the media package is concerned, the $19 offer was a mistake that lasted about a week on their web site. If you got in on it (I was one of the lucky ones) great! It's $39 now.
    Dennis G. Esler