Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Is anyone aware of any conflicts with Web Viewer and Lightwav? Everything was working fine, until I installed the Lightwav upgrade 3.0 that was released yesterday. Now whenever I try to access a web page, Lightwav starts playing random songs from my list of MP3s installed on my Treo. (Lightwav actually uses Pocketunes to play the songs.) When a song starts playing the web page download stops. When I stop the song, another song starts in about 1 or 2 seconds. I've been working with Lightwav support on this issue and they are baffled.

I read in one of the forums where there was an issue earlier with Web Viewer causing other pograms or alarms to launch. I don't know if the new upgrade of Lightwav has caused this issue to return of if it is a completey different problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, I have been having the same problem since I upgraded to Lightwav 3.0-- when Webviewer starts to load a page, I get snatches of my MP3s playing. I haven't seen a problem with page loading; however I now turn the ringer switch off so maybe that helps. I definitely think there's some kind of conflict
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beckkk1
    Yes, I have been having the same problem since I upgraded to Lightwav 3.0-- when Webviewer starts to load a page, I get snatches of my MP3s playing. I haven't seen a problem with page loading; however I now turn the ringer switch off so maybe that helps. I definitely think there's some kind of conflict
    Lightwav support sent me a .prc file as a workaround. I believe it disables Lightwav's alarm capabilities. But it does correct the WebViewer music issues.
    Last edited by limoman; 07/24/2004 at 05:40 PM.
    Great -- thanks, I'll try it out.
    I'm getting similar issues using Webviewer and Butler - WV plays my Butler alert tone and vibrates when I'm viewing pages.

Has reqwireless ever addressed the lightwav issue?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I'm getting similar issues using Webviewer and Butler - WV plays my Butler alert tone and vibrates when I'm viewing pages.

Has reqwireless ever addressed the lightwav issue?
    Both Reqwireless and Lightwav have been very helpful in troubleshooting this issue. It appears to be a combination of the way WebViewer works as a java app and the way Lightwav's most recent update was written.

There is a thread regarding the Butler / WebViewer issues at the Reqwireless web site. http://www.reqwireless.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200. However, I could not tell from the thread if the issue was ever resolved.

Good luck.
    Could you post the .prc as an attachment? Thanks
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Could you post the .prc as an attachment? Thanks
    Hi Tazzo: You need to write to support@toysoft.ca for the .prc file. I'd be happy to post it if it was freeware, but it's not and therefore I can't. Great program, worth every penny.