1.    #1  
    i tthought snappermail was near release? whats going on?
    still in beta
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    sheesh, wonder what is taking such a long time?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    sheesh, wonder what is taking such a long time?
    The art of perfection!
    Good things come to those who wait...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am anxious to try it. Need IMAP.
    Peter
    If you are anxious, try the beta. It has been rock solid for me.
    I also am using/upgarded (purchased) SnapperMail 2x beta and have had few problems with it. However, as a beta, it is subject to problems and support for it at this stage is minimal. The Yahoo! group is active with lots of users. Ben
    Do you have the web-adress of the Yahoo group for me? I'm trying to reach my compuserve 2000 account with Snappermail 2.0. No success so far! Franz (NL)
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    The art of perfection!
    Good things come to those who wait...
    Hahaha... Treo users aren't exactly known for there great patience.....

Must have Treo Ace... Must have Treo Ace... Must have Treo Ace...
    Quote Originally Posted by zwapex
    Do you have the web-adress of the Yahoo group for me? I'm trying to reach my compuserve 2000 account with Snappermail 2.0. No success so far! Franz (NL)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    Hahaha... Treo users aren't exactly known for there great patience.....

Must have Treo Ace... Must have Treo Ace... Must have Treo Ace...
    I hear that!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by zwapex

i'm sure the COmpuServe IMAP is the same IMAP server that AOL uses. it isn't standardl, so wont currently work with snapper.

snapper fish said they would try to get a work around.
    Felipe
  13.    #13  
    one improvement badly needed in version 2.0 is a faster retrieval process!

when i hit SEND/RECEIVE, the program will sit there for several minutes it seems before AUTHORIZING. It needs to be faster.

if there is any way for snappermail to mimic the characteristics of blackberry connect, they'd be in the money! faster retrieval is key. notifying me when ive received an email would be fantastic. i wish snappermail had this capability.
    treobk214

push email is on the agenda.

as for taking time to authenticate, I would create a BUG report and send it off to snapper.
    Felipe
    Who cares where Snappermail is? Get Chatter - pushed IMAP with SSL, in the background, is the only way to go. Polled IMAP? Why even bother having IMAP you might as well be using POP3 if you're running Snappermail.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Who cares where Snappermail is? Get Chatter - pushed IMAP with SSL, in the background, is the only way to go. Polled IMAP? Why even bother having IMAP you might as well be using POP3 if you're running Snappermail.

Dunc
    Look, I like Chatter too but I'm really getting tired of these unsolicited posts that seem to appear in any email-related thread. No one here was looking for an opinion on what email client to use.
    There's still plenty of reasons to want/need Snappermail (or other email clients) vs. Chatter.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Look, I like Chatter too but I'm really getting tired of these unsolicited posts that seem to appear in any email-related thread. No one here was looking for an opinion on what email client to use.
    There's still plenty of reasons to want/need Snappermail (or other email clients) vs. Chatter.

I completely agree. I used Chatter for a few days and then got rid of it. I am a Sprint user and a barely got through a day without my battery below 10%. Every email post on TC contains a "Just use Chatter" post. Every IM post on TC contains a "Just use Verichat" post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    push email is on the agenda.

as for taking time to authenticate, I would create a BUG report and send it off to snapper.
    Push is on the agenda? I thought Will had said there were no plans to implement asynchronous mail fetching.

If you want push email I'd usually say just use Chatter, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone with an unsolicited comment...

Dunc
    I tried the Snappermail 2.0 beta, and had a couple of problems with it, so I quit. The IMAP SSL was extremely slow, and I had to change my password for it to even authenticate (unquoted special characters, I guess). It wasn't really usable for me in the version I tried, so I had to re-install the older version.

Is it working now? All I would really want in a new email client is IMAP push, and/or background checking of email (must use SSL). Is that in the current beta of Snappermail 2.0?

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Stuart, a coder from SM, posted that push is on the agenda. he may get introuble for that, put he wrote it on the yahoo groups.

sm and imap are slow, there have been no speed improvement. this will probaly have to wait for the 2.1 release.
    Felipe