1.    #1  
    Hey all. I modified the Treo standard keyboard and was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in possibly be willing to purchase the parts to do this to theirs if I can get them made. I'm basically polling the waters to check interest. What I did was to make it able to use any standard small jack (MP3 headphones, headphone mics, etc.) in the bottom while the Treo is atatched to the keyboard. Thanks!

P.S. even if there is not that much interest it makes it that much more useable, I like it and I thought you all might as well. Later!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am interested. I would really like to listen to music while using the keyboard. Will it work with the Stereo Adapter?
  3.    #3  
    Which adaptor? If you are talking about the larger, solid, hard barrel adaptor, no, it doesn't fit. Not quite enough space unfortunately...I made an order from Seidio and the flexible adaptor and a couple other things be here in a couple of days. I'm assuming the Seidio adaptor will 'cause it looks like it has the small jack on one end, flexible cord in the middle and the adaptor on the other end. BTW, the charge adaptor still plugs in and functions as well...
    Last edited by ChristoFX; 07/23/2004 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Typo
    OOoooohhh I need this!!! I use my keyboard as a charging cradle/IM/email thing at my job and would love to have this ability.

Keep in mind that playing an average MP3 will slow down the Treo too much to make the keyboard useable. Lower bitrate MP3 and streaming audio around 24kbps is fine though. I imagine talking on the phone with a headset and typing would be OK too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    great work. I don't find much of a use to warrant me buying the external keyboard, but this is some nice work. It just works like that? You should advertise it a bit more since it is getting lost in this forum?
  6.    #6  
    Ummm...So, where would you suggest I advertise it? Somewhere else in this forum? Or somewhere else..All suggestions are Greatly appreciated...
    I would suggest a new thread in the Treo600 hardware forum with a title like "I modified my external keyboard to use the headphone jack" and simply point them to this thread. I'm really surprised more people didnt respond to this since it is a common complaint of this keyboard.

I neeeeeed this, especially since I'm not allowed stream audio on my work PC and I recently found that my signal there is good enough to actually stream at 96kbps!! I only fear Sprint's wrath for doing over a G of data this month...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  8.    #8  
    Just to let you all know, It does work with the Seidio adaptor - 2.5mm male-wire-3.5mm female. If I get a little more interest, I can probably get the parts down to about 10 - 15 bucks a set. Thanks for youer support!
  9.    #9  
    Ooops...Forgot to mention it does take a little finagleing to get the keyboard apart enough to get the parts to fit in there. I would offer to make the mods for everyone, but I would probably have to charge 40.00 for parts and labor, so I'll probably just offer the parts...
    How does the driver work? Well? Often in these cases the hardware is the easy part...
    ChristoFX, just tell me where to send the money. I'd pay $40 just to have the parts, though I dont think most people would.

KRamsauer, I think your a bit confused. This a modification to the keyboard not a new one.
    Did we get this to work I need the keyboard plus I need to be able to make and answer calls while using the keyboard.