1.    #1  
    Hi All,

This is my first post!

I am wondering what folks do to make sure that your Treo disconnects from the network when you leave the browser/Snapper/etc.

My Treo (on Verizon) stays in dormant mode. For example, when I'm finished using the browser, I hit the "phone" button or the "home" button. This returns me to the phone screen or the home screen, but the signal indicator says that I'm in dormant mode.

I've tried using Treo600 Connection Manager, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas? Also, how does one stop a running program, as opposed to switching to a different program?

THANKS!!
    Prefs | Network | Disconnect.
    But, why? it doesn't drain the battery, and it doesn't use the data connection if you are not doing anything...
    That is the purpose of "always on"
    Quote Originally Posted by HoyaSaxa
    Hi All,

This is my first post!
    Welcome to the dark side.

I am wondering what folks do to make sure that your Treo disconnects from the network when you leave the browser/Snapper/etc.

My Treo (on Verizon) stays in dormant mode. For example, when I'm finished using the browser, I hit the "phone" button or the "home" button. This returns me to the phone screen or the home screen, but the signal indicator says that I'm in dormant mode.

I've tried using Treo600 Connection Manager, but it doesn't seem to work.
    HoyaSaxa, I have not heard of application which will automatically disconnect you when you exit the browser. You can do it manualy through the menu. Or you can use something like TreoOnOff, which I think has the option to start/end data connections.

Any ideas? Also, how does one stop a running program, as opposed to switching to a different program?

THANKS!!
    This one is easy - technically, in PalmOS you can not just end a running program - you can only switch to another one. The closest thing to what you want is to press the home key, which will switch to the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by larryk
    Prefs | Network | Disconnect.
    But, why? it doesn't drain the battery, and it doesn't use the data connection if you are not doing anything...
    That is the purpose of "always on"
    larryk, Sprint and Verizon Treos (CDMA) can not receive phone calls while they are connected to the network, even if the connection is dormant.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    Verizon and Sprint phones cannot receive calls when data is active or in blazer session, but if data is dormant in remaining modes, then calls can be received.

I am trial versioning batteryDR which turns off the data modem after so many (you pick from list) minutes of inactivity. Seems to me to save battery life, but just qualitative experience, not quantitative.