1.    #1  
    Anyone else having Sprint PCS Vision connection issues? I am in NY, called and they told me they were having server issues.
    Me, too. I tey to connect and itt
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Everything is OK in Cleveland
    Browsing has been slow in CT the past 5-7 days off an on.

ctdw
    They were/are doing an upgrade in NYC. I had no Vision service for 1.5 hours, but it seems to be back now. I was told there could be more hiccups through mid-afternoon.
  6.    #6  
    any idea what/if the ugprade will do?
    Quote Originally Posted by sschwar2
    any idea what/if the ugprade will do?
    As I was speaking with a Sprint PCS CSR, take this for what it's worth

I was told that upgrades were being made to allow access to certain previously unavailable websites and services, such as some chat locations, etc. I have no idea what they are actually doing.
  8.    #8  
    and they do the upgrade in the morning? what happend to the night shift?
    I am in Atlanta and was in Boulder last week. Seems to be slower connecting than before. Takes long time and some times does not connect. Wonder what is up?
    Problems in NYC...One of my VPs was trying to use his Treo to connect to the servers in the office and was having problems as well (error 137). Seems to have cleared up now.
    Folks,

I am a heavy Vision user and have been with Sprint since the TREO came out. Over the last 6 months, Vision works about 85% of the time. It is just down a ton (15%).

When Vision is having problems, you can still use your phone as a modem and use your laptop for VPN and everything. I think it's the servers that compress web surfing that are thie problem -- but that's just a guess...

Glenn
    I usually find that a soft reset solves many of my Vision connectivity issues. I feel almost like a Pocket PC owner with the number of times a week I have to turn my Treo over and stick the pointer in the reset hole.

I notice this hiccup in the system after I interrupt a Vision activity like the Business Connection sync, email updates with Snapper Mail or Web browsing page loads. I also get the same lags in Vision service sometimes after a call is dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc
    I am in Atlanta and was in Boulder last week. Seems to be slower connecting than before. Takes long time and some times does not connect. Wonder what is up?
    I live in Boulder and we havent had any noticeable problems
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14.    #14  
    I have never had to reset my phone to get Vision to work... I have had to turn my phone service off, then back on and reconnect to Vision.