Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    or rather transferred into ROM to save space in memory? Just wondering ???
    Using ZLauncher: All my games, DayOff, DocumentstoGo, MovieRec, MMPlayer, Plucker, SoundRec. Some of those would not run if I had installed directly to the card. I installed to my Treo and then moved them to the card with ZLauncher.
    Also using ZLauncher:

All games:
    Bejeweled
    e-spresso (a really dumb thing that makes a few people laugh)
    Klondike
    Scrabble
    TicTacToe
    Trivial Pursuit

Utilities I use infrequently:
    Beyond Contacts
    Collins English/French dictionary
    Documents to Go
    Kinoma Player
    MM Player
    Phon Tuner
    Pkt Quicken
    Sketcher
    SmartList to Go
    All of the bundled "Splash" apps (don't use 'em, just like 'em handy when I have time to try things out)
    Telnet (Mocha)
    WebPro
    WWCalc
    Zap2016

Email apps, unless I'm travelling and I'm in and out of them frequently:
    SnapperMail
    VersaMail
    As the others plus inoah lite (free dictionary, the app won't run from the SD card unless both ap and DB are on the card) and Java files.
    Yes, most of the time Zlauncher will move the app and all of the associated dbs to RAM from the card, but some apps seem not to work, I think when they dbs have a different "id" from the actual programs.
    You can't save any program to the ROM of the palm except the OS file that come in ROM updates.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    I think they might mean that they move programs to the SD card.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I remember a program for previous palm platforms called 'jackflash'. it DID actually let you move apps to ROM (The real ROM that OS inhabits). I'm not sure if this is possible or practical on the TREO.

I have found the MSMount is a handy utility for making .prc and .pdb files 'appear' as if they are in main memeory. I have been using it fora few weeks and it seems pretty stable. IMHO, I think It works better than Zlauncher because ZL only works for one .prc at a time. ZL seems to only temporarily move the .prc to main mem before running. MSMount seems to create a link that 'tricks' the OS and other apps into thinking the file in is main memory.

If an app runs from main mem and can only look for a .pdb file in main mem then MSMount is for you. I installed scrabble on my SD card using it. I don't think it would work any other way. Most modern apps support an SD card.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro
    I remember a program for previous palm platforms called 'jackflash'. it DID actually let you move apps to ROM (The real ROM that OS inhabits). I'm not sure if this is possible or practical on the TREO.

I have found the MSMount is a handy utility for making .prc and .pdb files 'appear' as if they are in main memeory. I have been using it fora few weeks and it seems pretty stable. IMHO, I think It works better than Zlauncher because ZL only works for one .prc at a time. ZL seems to only temporarily move the .prc to main mem before running. MSMount seems to create a link that 'tricks' the OS and other apps into thinking the file in is main memory.

If an app runs from main mem and can only look for a .pdb file in main mem then MSMount is for you. I installed scrabble on my SD card using it. I don't think it would work any other way. Most modern apps support an SD card.
    MSMount keeps on crashing my palm. What version should I be using, and where should I get it from? For example, Vindigo moved into the msmount directory seems to soft reset my unit every time I go into it.. Any suggestions?

--EDIT--

Doh - wasn't using Beta.. Ok.. so I'm going to try that.. but it expires in August... Is the author going to release a newer version?
    Last edited by cue79; 07/26/2004 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Mistake
    lb505 et. al. - be careful about using ZLauncher for MovieRec - if you create a big movie and don't save it or delete it and then move away from MovieRec, ZLauncher will move everything *including* that cached movie to the card, which might take a while if you've got a big movie...