Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    the phone just reboots then all is well again. sorta.
    Its the "sorta" that gets me.

Was researching this a bit. Found this article...

http://www.clieuk.co.uk/top.shtml#RELIABLE

I am rather dependent on my cell phone. If this thing isn't that reliable, maybe I oughta know that going into it...

edit:
    (ps - let's hope they've addressed some of these shortfalls in the 610)
    I've experienced crashes several times under this scenario:
    The 600 rings, but I'm too late when trying to answer the phone.
    When I'm just about to call back to the person that was calling me, just as I press <dial>, he calls me again, and the Treo crashes and reboots.
    This time I did a #*377, it said:

A reset was caused on
    10.9.04 at 12:06 while
    running "Phone":

Emul68KCommon.c,
    Line:1594, Index out of
    range
    ACT! 6--again--it is always ACT!--Piece of dung program

john
    PHONE??? How can it crash on phone?? Damn... Maybe this convergence is not a good idea...
    BackGammon v3.1 by schall@bigfoot.com.

You can d/l it here:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/games/backgammon.shtml

My Treo 600 freezes when I play the game, and the screen goes all white or all black. I always have to do a reset to get the Treo to start working properly. This happened three times in the first five minutes, for example. (This need to reset started as soon as I installed the game.) When I deleted the game, I did not have to do any more resets.

The game is free, which is a great price, but I do not think it was intended to be used on a Treo 600.
    "A crash occurred on 10/31/04 at 7:02 pm while running "Web". Fatal Exception"

The crash is not such the big deal to me. It's that the phone is dead until I do a reset. Which means calls and emails are not coming in and my alarms are not going off.

Is there a program out there that responds to a Crash and reboots the phone automatically for you?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    11/1/04 at 7:55 a.m. while running Verichat. Fatal exception.
    This morning I downloaded and testing out "Crash." No freezes yet! When your PDA crashes it resets it for you. There is also a premium version that logs the program that caused the crash.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...F=&prodID=8623

Has anyone else used this app?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    word complete that goes along with jot handwriting recognition. If something is too complicated, like i'm writing an entry into a field on a webpage, and wordcomplete is activated, it crashes when it tries to offer me word choices. deactivating this eliminates crashing.
    lol..the title of this thread alone will keep my blackberry numero uno.
    Ive got more Guns than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaakir
    lol..the title of this thread alone will keep my blackberry numero uno.
    I have had several Treos and in the past had some crashy ones. But my 600 seldom crashes. And usually it's causes by an application. I do have several and the one that will cause is is Sound Rec, but it was free so I can't complain. And when it does, it is very rare. No offense to the Blackberry the are cool, but, if you used only the applications on the Treo that Mimiced the Blackberry, the Treo would never crash.
    Wassup
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have had several Treos and in the past had some crashy ones. But my 600 seldom crashes. And usually it's causes by an application. I do have several and the one that will cause is is Sound Rec, but it was free so I can't complain. And when it does, it is very rare. No offense to the Blackberry the are cool, but, if you used only the applications on the Treo that Mimiced the Blackberry, the Treo would never crash.

ill buy that i suppose. in all fairness the treos can do more than the BB.
    Ive got more Guns than you.
    mSafe.

Get a crash with 'unknown application' or 'LauncherX' (it's not LauncherX). Also get the White Screen of Death.

Deleted mSafe and no more probs. Developers have not responded to an email sent a week ago...
    www.gsmworld.com
    10/22/04 at 3:59pm while running "profiles".
    Fatal Exception.

Funny, since the last crash before that was months ago
    That's what I get for trying new software! LOL I think I'd just installed it that day. Hasn't crashed since though... the program just doesn't work right instead.
    i'm a fairly new treo user - bought it last friday (and am going to return it before the 14 day return period is over - i simply must have the treo 650, even if it means being without this baby for a few weeks until it's released!)

i'm experiencing a weird crash all of a sudden. in SMS, if i go to 'options', the second i tap on 'preferences' - POOF, reboot. ##377 gives me "A reset was caused on 11/10/04 at 9:58am while running "SMS": Fatal Exception". duh. okay.

SMS is in ROM, correct? i'm unclear how to fix this. i removed the few apps i've added that *might* be involved, but am unsure where to go from here.

i guess not that it matters all that much since i'll be returning this thing within the next seven days!
    Try purging the sms database.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Try purging the sms database.
    thanks. did it - using filecaddy - but no joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    thanks. did it - using filecaddy - but no joy.
    [Loud Phone] ***** alert! [Loud Phone] ***** alert!

i had installed SMS No Limits from mytreo.net (texter.prc). right there, big and bold as day in the description:"Known issue: Options/Preferences causes a crash."

we return you now to your regularly scheduled crashes.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast