1.    #1  
    I'd like to use the Treo 600 on Alltel. They do not support this phone. Is this possible? If so, how? Do I:

1. purchase a treo600 from somewhere
    2. unlock the treo
    3. purchase an alltel phone
    4. take the SIM card out of the alltel phone and put it in the treo 600

Is that correct? Will it work? Is it legal?
    Isn't Alltel a CDMA carrier? If so, you'd have to get a Sprint or Verizon Treo, unlock it, and get all the correct info to make it work on Alltel's network. Not an easy task, I can assure you...
    When I used to use Alltel, they told me that they can use Verizon phones but not Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    When I used to use Alltel, they told me that they can use Verizon phones but not Sprint.
    That's because Sprint uses unique MSL numbers for their phones, while Alltel and Verizon use all zeros for the MSL. Since we know how to 'crack' the MSL (see thread on using Sprint Treo on Verizon), a Sprint Treo should work. The bigger question is data. I believe that their 'Axcess' network should work.

You may want to look at http://www.aircharge.net/Network%20S...S%20Phones.htm for some setup ideas.

Also look at the Sprint/Verizon section for the thread on using a Sprint Treo on Verizon. Method should be similar for Alltel. Note, the big issue will be gettiing the initial PRL into the phone.

If they support other smartphones, you might have a chance
    Last edited by BoeingPilot; 07/22/2004 at 09:43 PM.
    Alltel is Verizon's little brother. Thier phones come flashed very nearly the same. Get a Verizon one.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cingulartreo
    Alltel is Verizon's little brother. Thier phones come flashed very nearly the same. Get a Verizon one.
    Or better yet, maybe consider switching to Verizon or Sprint...?
    Yup - Verizon roams on Alltel (and in most places it is considered "extended network" not "roaming"). Sprint would roam on most Alltel networks, too, though probably not as extensively as VZW. But there are a few states in the South and SE that are pretty well cornered by Alltel, so that may be the only option...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot
    That's because Sprint uses unique MSL numbers for their phones, while Alltel and Verizon use all zeros for the MSL. Since we know how to 'crack' the MSL (see thread on using Sprint Treo on Verizon), a Sprint Treo should work. The bigger question is data. I believe that their 'Axcess' network should work.

You may want to look at http://www.aircharge.net/Network%20S...S%20Phones.htm for some setup ideas.

Also look at the Sprint/Verizon section for the thread on using a Sprint Treo on Verizon. Method should be similar for Alltel. Note, the big issue will be gettiing the initial PRL into the phone.

If they support other smartphones, you might have a chance
    They do have the Kyocera 7135 smartphone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Or better yet, maybe consider switching to Verizon or Sprint...?
    My company gives me a great deal if I'll use Alltel.