1.    #1  
    I was having trouble accessing my internet/data programs web/verichat/snappermail.....so i went to check my network preferences. Low and behold there is nothing there! Empty. Then when i press on the network tab in the upper right, my phone soft resets.

Things I've tried......First i did a backupman restore but that didn't work. Checked the network tab and again nothing....reset. Then did a hard reset......nope. Finally erased all contents of backup file on computer reinstalled all software and it worked....but then when i went to the network tab......it started all over again. Please help me...for the love of treo 600 useres.....
    Are you on Sprint?

Perhaps you phone has lost it's provisioning with Sprint's network? This happened to me a few weeks ago. Couldn't figure out the cause but a call to Sprint's data support solved it. They simply re-provisioned my phone.
  3.    #3  
    yes I am on sprint but i dont think its a provisioning issue, because by doing the hard reset it works.only when i visit the networking preference tab does it get all fuhckagled.
    It sounds like you have a corrupt settings file that is getting restored to your Treo. The Network Preferences are stored in the file: NetworkDB.pdb. Nuke (make a backup just in case) this file from the Backup folder and you may solve the issue.