1. ADA
    I migrated from a Tungsten W day before yesterday to a 600 - and wonder if I made the right choice..
    I mean, there appears not to be a basic alarm clock in the 600 - c'mon, even the most basic freebee phone from Nokia has an alarm clock!

Anyone know how to take the Palm alarm clock from my Tungsten into the 600 and do what those crazy engineers should have done in the first place?
    get big clock
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by ADA
    I migrated from a Tungsten W day before yesterday to a 600 - and wonder if I made the right choice..
    I mean, there appears not to be a basic alarm clock in the 600 - c'mon, even the most basic freebee phone from Nokia has an alarm clock!

Anyone know how to take the Palm alarm clock from my Tungsten into the 600 and do what those crazy engineers should have done in the first place?
    Try Butler for the Treo 600. Though it cost $6, it is a must have for the Treo. Among other things, it has two separate alarms, and allows the alarm sound to be an Mp3 (if you have pocket tunes).
    Bob's Alarm is terrific and very cheap!
    i use diddlebug. it's free. kinda strange how the alarm goes off 1 minute after the set time but...it's free.
    Try LookAtMe in combination with pTunes for waking up to the tune of your choice
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Yes, most people need add-on software to the Treo. But if you're regretting the move to a Treo 600 based on the alarm clock then you are really missing the point. Use it for a while for what it's for then decide.
    personally i use databk as an alarm. There's always a reason to get up, so that reason will be in your agenda, just give it a decent time advance.
    And if all else fails i've also got a 'get up' appointment configured
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    Uh...maybe I'm missing something here...
    But you can just go to your calendar, set an appointment for when you want the alarm to go off, and click on the little alarm clock to the right. Set it to go off 0 minutes beforehand.

Nareau
  10. ADA
    mmm. yes, glad you mentioned that - I thought exactly the same, tried it several times and the alarm did not go off... I am pretty sure I have all the correct items configured, but still cannot get the alarm to work...

Anyway, thats minor compared to what I have now - I installed ZioGolf and the wretched thing locked up! Did a hard reset and twenty minutes later I am waiting for it to cancel....

Not happy!
    you can't get it to work meaning it doesn't work all or you can't hear it? if it's the latter, are your system sounds on? (Prefs > General > System Sound) just takin a stab here...
  12. ADA
    Yep - it physically showed, just couldnt hear it! Now I think the sounds were on, but as I am starting from scratch again, I will make sure...
    Thanks though.
    Now, has anyone had bad experiences with ZioGolf...??
    mmmmkay.
    |
    V
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Holy crap, I didn't see the "L" there for a second!!
    ROTFLMAO
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Me too- so much so that I had to delete my own message.

Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    ROTFLMAO