1.    #1  
    The owners of TreoNews.com, of which I am an administrator, have informed me that they are selling the domain via ebay. I think they were waiting for the Verizon announcement.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know. Could be a very good opportunity for someone interested in starting a treo portal.

I know it's off-topic, but I thought I'd let you guys in on some treo breaking news

Here's the link for those interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5711270713
    Last edited by tonyricciardi; 07/22/2004 at 01:58 PM.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Hehe... I have been buying/selling domains on eBay for a while.

Pretty interesting how someone buys a domain for $8, thinks he'll develop it to something unique, never does so, and then tries to get rid of the LIFETIME, RARE OPPORTUNITY for $500.

Bottom line is: TreoCentral rules! It's huge, we love it, and that's why we are here. Trying to create TreoCentral clones has been attempted multiple times and failed. Why? Because TC has the first mover's advantage and had enough time to establish credibility and user satisfaction.

It's not about the domain name anymore, it's about CONTENT.

Yea... you can buy TreoNews.com or just go to GoDaddy.com and register one of the following AVAILABLE dot coms for $8.95...

treobuzz.com
    treoclub.com
    treolink.com
    treohead.com
    treodepot.com

..blah.. blah... blah

Oh, BTW while you are on eBay trying to check domains, take a look at this looser who is trying to sell Tuning.com for.... $3 million! "Make Millions" , "One time in life opportunity" , "Super unique domain" . Yeah right!
    Last edited by gekz; 07/22/2004 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gekz
    Hehe... I have been buying/selling domains on eBay for a while.

Pretty interesting how someone buys a domain for $8, thinks he'll develop it to something unique, never does so, and then tries to get rid of the LIFETIME, RARE OPPORTUNITY for $500.

Bottom line is: TreoCentral rules! It's huge, we love it, and that's why we are here. Trying to create TreoCentral clones has been attempted multiple times and failed. Why? 'Case TC has the first mover's advantage and had enough time to establish credibility and user satisfaction.

It's not about the domain name anymore, it's about CONTENT.

Yea... you can buy TreoNews.com or just go to GoDaddy.com and register one of the following AVAILABLE dot coms for $8.95...

treobuzz.com
    treoclub.com
    treolink.com
    treohead.com
    treodepot.com

..blah.. blah... blah

Oh, BTW while you are on eBay trying to check domains, take a look at this looser who is trying to sell Tuning.com for.... $3 million! "Make Millions" , "One time in life opportunity" , "Super unique domain" . Yeah right!
    I use www.trumpetlesson.org for my students, but for anyone interested it is for sale at the one time low price of 1,000,000,000. Should go fast so act now.
    Notice in eBay that there is 1 bid, and the buyer has no buying or selling history. Makes you wonder... :P
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  5.    #5  
    Makes me wonder as well. We get 10% of the sale price!

I'm not too concerned though. Our client was actually approached by T-Mobile a year ago, but they turned down the offer. They've also recieved many requests since, including a small offer from PalmSource (also rejected). Probably hasty decisions, but I guess we'll see.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    And here's what Your $500 buys as a front page:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Mighty impressive stuff.
    thats funny, i almost went to the site myself hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    The item is no longer for sale now