Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The most comphrensive ringtone manager for the Treo600 has been released. Version 3.0 now includes full support for MIDI ringtones, alarms and phone event notifications. Lightwav is the only app that has MIDI booster to blast MIDI sound louder than ever.

Lightwav supports wav/mp3/ogg/wma sounds, jpg, gif, gif animation and Live! video callerID.

New version includes detailed callerID information such as Company name and Note from the Contact application.

New Area Code feature lets you know the place the call is coming from.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Is this a free upgrade? I haven't gotten an email like usual.
    I just got my update notice in my e-mail. Trying to force myself to wait until I'm on my home computer. I'm glad to hear about the MIDI as I really like the "Colors" sound for certain things, as I can hear it better.
    I cannot get the Caller ID information to work. I have followed all steps in the manual. Anyone else having these problems?
    I really like the addition of midi ringtones, but I can't get it to work. It doesn't show the built-in ringtones. If I copy midi ringtone files to the SD card, they are in the /Audio folder like the MP3 and wave files I have. But LightWav doesn't show them in the sounds or treo column. I've read the manual but can't find any info on this. How is this supposed to work?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    1. Is there supposed to be a area code data base or something included in this update? When I click on the area codes option it's empty under area codes set up.

2. I see no option for "caller info preferences" as shown in the manual.

3. Most my ringers had to be re-assigned after installing version 3.0 They had been replaced with ringers which did not work and weren't ones I had on my card. Yes, I disabled Lightwav before installing the new version.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I really like the addition of midi ringtones, but I can't get it to work. It doesn't show the built-in ringtones. If I copy midi ringtone files to the SD card, they are in the /Audio folder like the MP3 and wave files I have. But LightWav doesn't show them in the sounds or treo column. I've read the manual but can't find any info on this. How is this supposed to work?
    to get the midi ringtones you do the same way as assigning wav/mp3 sound to the contact. in the sound selection screen there is a new Midi button. you tap on it to select your midi sound.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Update:

I just received an e-mail reply from Toysoft.

1. Apparantly the area code matching option does not work yet. The area code data base is not yet completed. They probably should have mentioned this in the release notes. Toysoft says the U.S. has too many area codes.

2. The menu for "caller info preferences" is located under the vidoe preferences menu. I guess I missed that in the manual.
    Can anyone get the caller info preferences to actually work? I selected Name, Phone, Company, and Note, and nothing new happens.
    LOL.

jjennings we seem to be on the same page here, I just sent this e-mail to Toysoft:

Okay, another thing I'm confused about.

Under "caller info preferences" what do the options "show caller name" and "show caller number" do?

If a contact name is in the Treo's address book isn't their name shown always automatically? And isn't the phone number always shown too? Does this option somehow display names of people calling you even though they are not entered in the Treo's phonebook?

I'm confused what selecting or not selecting these options does. It doesn't seem to change anything that doesn't already happen.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Can anyone get the caller info preferences to actually work? I selected Name, Phone, Company, and Note, and nothing new happens.
    the company and note info are taken from the Contact app database. if the caller is not in the contact then company and note info will not be available.
    Smiley, but what is checking or unchecking the boxes for "show caller name" and "show caller number" suppose to accomplish and how is it different from what the Treo does already by default?

And is there an ETA for when the area code database will be ready?
    Smiley,

Regardless of which boxes I check in the caller info preferences, My Treo only diplays Caller Name and Number. I checked the entry in the Contacts database, and there is information stored underneath the Company and Notes fields.

Looks to me like this option does not work properly with the new release. I hope it is a quick fix, as this is a much needed enhancement.
  14.    #14  
    Smiley,

Regardless of which boxes I check in the caller info preferences, My Treo only diplays Caller Name and Number. I checked the entry in the Contacts database, and there is information stored underneath the Company and Notes fields.

Looks to me like this option does not work properly with the new release. I hope it is a quick fix, as this is a much needed enhancement.
    the callerInfo works with custom picture callerID. you must select a jpg, gif or live video. If you dont have a default video selected then the company name, area code and note will be displayed on the Phone app screen if you have them checked in the caller info screen.

again, company and note is only available if the caller is in your contact.
    Smiley,

The caller is in my contact, and there is definitely information in the company and note field. I am running LighWav Version 3.0 #2004.082.

Cannot get the caller info to work.
    I just tried it as well, it definetly does not work.

I assigned a JPEG to a contact in Lightwav and placed checks in all the check boxes under "caller info preferences." The contact IS in my address book and I DO have a note assigned to it. When the contact called my Treo all I saw was the JPEG image, nothing else. No caller information was displayed at all.
  17.    #17  
    Smiley,

The caller is in my contact, and there is definitely information in the company and note field. I am running LighWav Version 3.0 #2004.082.

Cannot get the caller info to work.
    ok. try this. do not set a default video file in the Video Preferences. make sure the caller has a sound file assigned so that you know lwav is picking up the correct contact. when you receive the call you should see the company and note in the phone app screen. make sure the company and note checkboxes are checked in the Caller Info prefs.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I just tried it as well, it definetly does not work.

I assigned a JPEG to a contact in Lightwav and placed checks in all the check boxes under "caller info preferences." The contact IS in my address book and I DO have a note assigned to it. When the contact called my Treo all I saw was the JPEG image, nothing else. No caller information was displayed at all.
    hmmm.. in the video preferences did you select the text and background colors? if you screen is white and have white color then the text will not show up.
    Okay, I seem to have all the caller info stuff working now. I'll keep playing with it a bit more to make sure.

Yes, I did manage to get the company name and note to display finally by following your last instructions.

Now what about an ETA for the area code DB?
    Okay. I unchecked Show caller name and Show Caller phone number and it somewaht works.....

Here is what I am seeing: There is about a 2 second delay between when the phone call comes in (you can see Name and Number) and when the caller ID info displays (Company and Notes). Regardless of what color I choose, the company name comes in Red, and the Notes come in Blue. Seems very strange .....
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast