Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I for one have had no problems with this update.
    I'm seeing two weird problems.

1.) When making a call, after it connects the screen no longer dims but stays at full brightness. Disabling Lightwav makes the screen act normally.

2.) When a Datebk alarms goes off I get the expected midi sound, but then Lightwav plays a random MP3. I have no alarms are anything set in Lightwav, I only have ringtones set.

I had a couple of odd freezes yesterday also but I don't know if they are related or not. The only thing I've changed is upgrading to Lightwav 3.0.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 07/23/2004 at 11:32 AM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    did you remember to re-enable lwav after the update? you always have to disable lwav when upgrading to a newer version.
    Yes, I disabled before updated, and enabled afterwards.

Louis
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I'm seeing two weird problems.

1.) When making a call, after it connects the screen no longer dims but stays at full brightness. Disabling Lightwav makes the screen act normally.

2.) When a Datebk alarms goes off I get the expected midi sound, but then Lightwav plays a random MP3. I have no alarms are anything set in Lightwav, I only have ringtones set.

I had a couple of odd freezes yesterday also but I don't know if they are related or not. The only thing I've changed is upgrading to Lightwav 3.0.
    version has new prefs. goto the Treo prefs and re assign the settings.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Yes, I disabled before updated, and enabled afterwards.

Louis
    check the Treo screen and make sure you reassign all the sounds.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Yes, I did have to do that, but I'm still seeing these problems after doing that. The most concerning is why is it forcing the screen to stay at full brightness after the call connects?

version has new prefs. goto the Treo prefs and re assign the settings.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    do you have the option marked to turnoff the backlight after you answer a call maybe?
    No, and what I'm seeing is the opposite. The screen normally dims (but doesn't go off) after you answer a call. Instead I'm seeing the screen stay at full brightness. This never happened until I updated to Lightwav 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    do you have the option marked to turnoff the backlight after you answer a call maybe?
    I for one, never turn off my cell.
    What I have noticed, specially during the night, is that an SMS comes in and a random mp3 starts playing waking me up. Is there a fix for this?
    andres
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I used to never turn mine off at night, but I got sick of hearing my sms ringtone playing because I had a new spam email.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    I used to never turn mine off at night, but I got sick of hearing my sms ringtone playing because I had a new spam email.
    I had this same problem with incoming email setting off random MP3's after installing v3. I seemed to have fixed it by going in "removing" sounds for each and every alarm and Treo event (except Treo Ringtones) even though no sound had ever been assigned or appears to be asigned to that event/alarm.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1
    I had this same problem with incoming email setting off random MP3's after installing v3. I seemed to have fixed it by going in "removing" sounds for each and every alarm and Treo event (except Treo Ringtones) even though no sound had ever been assigned or appears to be asigned to that event/alarm.
    if you get unknown sounds playing even though you neve assigned a sound then it could be other apps triggering lwav to play the sound. if you dont ever use the Alarm feature you can disable the Alarms Feature in the General Prefs. 3.0 may still be fault but the beta we have will fix the annoying sound. we will wait for the update with the next release. if you are tired about this problem then send us email at support@toysoft.ca and mention about the problem we will happy to send you the beta as long as you are a registered paid user.
    you've already got another beta???
    wow!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    if you get unknown sounds playing even though you neve assigned a sound then it could be other apps triggering lwav to play the sound. if you dont ever use the Alarm feature you can disable the Alarms Feature in the General Prefs. 3.0 may still be fault but the beta we have will fix the annoying sound. we will wait for the update with the next release. if you are tired about this problem then send us email at support@toysoft.ca and mention about the problem we will happy to send you the beta as long as you are a registered paid user.
    Disabling alarms didn't fix the issue. Only removing the individual sounds, even though none had been set, made the random MP3s on an incoming email disappear. Everything is OK now like before the upgrade even with alarms enabled. It was pretty obvious to me that the Mail program was kicking off Lightwav to start Ptunes, but like I said, nothing was set for it to do so. I "removed" all of the alert and event sounds at once so I don't know which one was responsible for the problem.
    Does lwav really boost the sound as advertised? And can you assign ringers according to groups or individuals like mRing? And maybe I should start another thread for this, but what is the difference between a 'beta' version and the market version?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    Does lwav really boost the sound as advertised? And can you assign ringers according to groups or individuals like mRing? And maybe I should start another thread for this, but what is the difference between a 'beta' version and the market version?
    if you have pocketTunes then you can use their sound boost feature. if you want to use MIDI then lwav and boost the sound to very loud.
    Yes, lightwav can assign different ringtones to individual contact and groups.

there is no "beta" version. there is the 14 day trial and the full version.
    check the Treo screen and make sure you reassign all the sounds.
    I did that, and they are all assigned. I sent an e-mail to the support@toysoft... with full details, but haven't heard back yet.

Also, in my original post I asked: "In the manual (yes, some people RTFM), it states: "To install LightWav double click on the files LightWav.prc, SysZLibARM.prc, gifAnim.prc." I don't see a SysZLibARM.prc in the download. What is this file for?"

Would this file have any affect? Did anyone get that file in their downloads? I didn't get it in mine for some reason.

Thanks
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    I did that, and they are all assigned. I sent an e-mail to the support@toysoft... with full details, but haven't heard back yet.

Also, in my original post I asked: "In the manual (yes, some people RTFM), it states: "To install LightWav double click on the files LightWav.prc, SysZLibARM.prc, gifAnim.prc." I don't see a SysZLibARM.prc in the download. What is this file for?"

Would this file have any affect? Did anyone get that file in their downloads? I didn't get it in mine for some reason.

Thanks
    when did you send the email? the file sysZLibARM should be in the original zip file. the update does not contain this file. the update only distribute updated files.
    I sent it last week, I can't remember exactly which day. My e-mail address started the same as my TC user name.

Meanwhile, I'll try installing the SysZLibARM file, I'm not sure why I didn't have it before, but maybe that'll help.
    Ah, when I tried to install, it said ZLib was already there. I was looking for a file called SysZLib, I guess the name changes when you are searching for it (via ZLauncher File Manager).

If you can't find the e-mail, I'll write up another one when I get a chance.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast