Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Smiley, I have managed to isolate the problem. You must have a SPECIFIC sound assigned to the contact in order to get the caller ID information to work.

It will not work for contacts having a ringer assigned by category and not individually.

For example - I have AC DC assigned to John Smith, and the caller ID info works fine. However, Tom Jones does not have a ringer specifically assigned to him, but he has one assigned to the category he is in, and no caller ID works for him.

Hope this helps.
    So this feature only works with contacts who have a video/image assigned to them in Lightwav?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Okay. I unchecked Show caller name and Show Caller phone number and it somewaht works.....

Here is what I am seeing: There is about a 2 second delay between when the phone call comes in (you can see Name and Number) and when the caller ID info displays (Company and Notes). Regardless of what color I choose, the company name comes in Red, and the Notes come in Blue. Seems very strange .....
    yes, the coloring is done by lwav. the delay is because lwav is busying searching the Contact database. if you 1000's of contacts then it will take time. there isnt much can be done to speed up the search.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Any way to have the Company name below the contact? Also would be nice to extend the amount of note field that is shown. 30 characters ain't much.

You are definitely on the right track with this update !
    Also, anyway to fix the coloring so it shows it as the color chosen by the user?
    My coloring seems to work fine.

How about making the text larger?

And what about the area code db (I'm gonna keep bugging ya til you give me an answer. )
    I thought I'd give this app. a try and installed it. However, I must be missing something - the D-pad doesn't seem to do anything when LightWav is activated. Is there something I am missing, like a preference setting?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    um after i installed the update none of my video caller IDs show up.. i knew it would regret it.. what gives. i tried removing the video and reassigning no luck. anyone?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the 3.0 upgrade?: When I launch WebViewer to web browse, Lightwave starts to play music and opens its little console to Pocket Tunes. When I stop the song from playing, the web page continues to load, but another song starts, etc, etc.

Am I alone in this one?
  10.    #30  
    Already. here is the area code database. Just download and hotsync. If you find one that is not correct you can delete it and re-enter it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    um after i installed the update none of my video caller IDs show up.. i knew it would regret it.. what gives. i tried removing the video and reassigning no luck. anyone?
    Sorry. just reassign the prefs again. there we changes in the new version.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the 3.0 upgrade?: When I launch WebViewer to web browse, Lightwave starts to play music and opens its little console to Pocket Tunes. When I stop the song from playing, the web page continues to load, but another song starts, etc, etc.

Am I alone in this one?
    this could be the problem due to the hacking to get snappermail email notification to work. goto the General prefs and check disable alarms and see if that is fixed. when alarms are disabled you can not use the Alarm screen.
    what about an update? i have an older version, is there a pro-rated price or a free one by any chance?
    Smiley... I just bought wav 2.3 couple of days ago... and it's updated now... -_-
    am I able to get free update? are you the man from that company, then please advise me how to get that update.
    because I didn't get any notice to my e-mail. thank you...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by net2biz
    Smiley... I just bought wav 2.3 couple of days ago... and it's updated now... -_-
    am I able to get free update? are you the man from that company, then please advise me how to get that update.
    because I didn't get any notice to my e-mail. thank you...
    Updates are free. you should have received an email about the update. Contact support@toysoft.ca to get your free update. make sure you give your correct email address that you used to purchase lwav.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    this could be the problem due to the hacking to get snappermail email notification to work. goto the General prefs and check disable alarms and see if that is fixed. when alarms are disabled you can not use the Alarm screen.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't help. In fact I've tried turning every option off (except the disable option) and nothing prevents Lightwave from starting to play music when I use Web Viewer. Of course if I do disable Lightwave, the problem goes away.

I'm really excited about the new features in version 3.0. . . I just wasn't expecting the bonus music feature. I hope someone can help.

Thanks.
    In the manual (yes, some people RTFM), it states: "To install LightWav double click on the files LightWav.prc, SysZLibARM.prc, gifAnim.prc." I don't see a SysZLibARM.prc in the download. What is this file for?

I tried assigning a MIDI to SMS messages, but when I received an SMS, the sound didn't play, and my Treo didn't vibrate. I had to turn it back on under Butler. Under "Preferecnes" (System) I have the vibrate on, and the volume up. Not sure what went wrong here.

Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman

Am I alone in this one?
    There was another issue with WebViewer and alarms posted on the Reqwireless web board: http://www.reqwireless.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    In the manual (yes, some people RTFM), it states: "To install LightWav double click on the files LightWav.prc, SysZLibARM.prc, gifAnim.prc." I don't see a SysZLibARM.prc in the download. What is this file for?

I tried assigning a MIDI to SMS messages, but when I received an SMS, the sound didn't play, and my Treo didn't vibrate. I had to turn it back on under Butler. Under "Preferecnes" (System) I have the vibrate on, and the volume up. Not sure what went wrong here.

Louis
    did you remember to re-enable lwav after the update? you always have to disable lwav when upgrading to a newer version.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Smiley, I have managed to isolate the problem. You must have a SPECIFIC sound assigned to the contact in order to get the caller ID information to work.

It will not work for contacts having a ringer assigned by category and not individually.

For example - I have AC DC assigned to John Smith, and the caller ID info works fine. However, Tom Jones does not have a ringer specifically assigned to him, but he has one assigned to the category he is in, and no caller ID works for him.

Hope this helps.
    Hmmmm... it works for me. I've created a new contact with my landline phone and assigned a mp3 to the group and the callerID info displayed correctly. It also works fine with a default pic/video.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast