1.    #1  
    anyone know of software that either 1) adds a birthday field to contacts, which is then automatically displayed in the calendar, or r2) other good birthday software? I know of one piece of software that just keeps a list but mot much other than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    anyone know of software that either 1) adds a birthday field to contacts, which is then automatically displayed in the calendar, or r2) other good birthday software? I know of one piece of software that just keeps a list but mot much other than that.
    You can try myBirthDay from www.toysoft.ca you can include a jpg picture of the person as the background in the calendar. you can then save the jpg and export to your card and then transfer to your desktop and print it! you can also set and sound file the alarm too.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    i'd like to try that app too but can't find where it's located on the site. more details please?
    go to the site. click on "online store".
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Look for HappyDays. Its free and I've used it for years. Works great!
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Agendus is the best contact management software that I've tried (i have used it since 1999) and I have tried others but none compares. Its newest version (v.8) has a birthday field and marks your various calendar views with the persons name and a birthday cake icon (if you like the icon view). Also handles all my email, phone calls, scheduling, etc and syncs with Outlook! Check it out at www.iambic.com.

--Kaiser
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    Look for HappyDays. Its free and I've used it for years. Works great!
    That app seems to be just what I'm looking for. Have you experienced any conflicts with it? If not, I'm gettin it now!

Is this the latest version? http://www.pilotzone.com/palm/preview/57039.html
    you might want a later-version at http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/happydays.shtml

and no, i havent tried it but really want something like it... (free)
    I use DateMate from www.mobimate.com.

It keeps track of date based events and can export them the the datebook. A nice touch is that the exported event can say how many years, so my Birthday says "Dave Anderson - Birthday (46 years)"
    alright, i gave happydays a shot. although it works, it soft resets when i do a Find (option + shift key) for "bday" or "birthday" what to do...
    Why are you trying to do a find for birthday? Weird. I just tried and cannot duplicate the soft reset.

I've been using HappyDays for a few years now and I have to give it rave reviews. Perfect software at a great price
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    i was trying to find a friend's birthday that i put somewhere in the datebook. i didn't know what the date was so i just did a search for "birthday" or "bday" (because i entered it as "jane's birthday/bday") to help me locate the entry. it reset.

edit:
    yep, i just checked again. tried to do a search for something else but got a reset. did a ##377 and it was happydays' fault. agh.
    Last edited by treolady; 07/28/2004 at 12:21 AM.
    Hey, I'm developing (actualy I'm debugging it ) a new Birth alarm application (free of course) that except the .jpeg support for displaying pictures it will also support the Treo Phone capabilities in order to call the contact you want without having to go to the phone book.
    I'm releasing it in about 12-15 days.
    Any suggestions on how to make it better ?
    I use Greatdates (and also Holidates for holidays) and Contacts 5 for my calendar. Great dates keeps a list of all of your birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and will easily export them to your calendar as repeating events. Holidates lets you choose which holidays you want on your calendar and exports them.
    How much does Greatdates cost?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    About your search and HappyDays resetting. Did you change one of your custom fields in Datebook to be called Birthday? Once you do that, you have to be careful how you enter the date...the format is very important. Once HappyDays reads your Datebook, you can go into HappyDays directly and look for the person to see when their birthday is.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    thanks for the help but i deleted the app weeks ago and so far, no crashes at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    How much does Greatdates cost?
    greatdates was free during the palmgear summer sale!
    I used DateMate for a few years, great program. You can even store birthdays of family members within a single address book entry (i.e. if you have an entry for John Smith, you can store birthday information for all his kids in that same entry, and DateMate will automatically create calendar events for those birthdays).
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY