1.    #1  
    Why is it that Sony Ericsson can come up with a new machine only a few months after releasing their last model and yet it takes Palm/Handspring seemingly years to develop a device that doesn't even come close?

Look at the spec of the P910:
    http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/products_p910.shtml

It will have bluetooth, 262k colour screen, video recording built in, MP3 ringtones built in, voice control, voice dialling, Push-To-Talk and a Blackberry client. (How can Sony have managed to get their Blackberry client up and running before Palm when Palm were the first licensees?!) There doesn't seem to be any I/O slot, but there's no guarantee the 610 won't have the same non-functional SD/I-O slot as the 600.

OK, so the cost is going to be around /$700, but some of us are prepared to pay a premium price for a premium device.

I hate Symbian and have a lot of data invested in PalmOS, but the spec of that machine really makes me doubt my commitment
    The Corvette Z06 has more horse power and torque than both the Porsche 911 and the Ferrari 360, plus it costs significantly less. Which car would you take if money wasn't the issue????
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    The Corvette Z06 has more horse power and torque than both the Porsche 911 and the Ferrari 360, plus it costs significantly less. Which car would you take if money wasn't the issue????
    Aston Martin DB9
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Ericsson is a multi-billion dollar global corporation - whose primary business is to build the wireless networks that all of the providers use. They have the largest market share in this area globally. Many of the patents for GSM, the predominant wireless technology in the world, are held by Ericsson. Bluetooth orginated at Ericsson. Then we get to their joint venture partner, Sony, one the largest manufacturers of electronics in the world. Having said all that, I don't know that I agree that the Ericsson design concept is superior to the Treo. Although this new model has better specs than the current Treo.
    i thought it was nokia or motorola who had the frist BB RIM aggreements?