Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well I can testify to what playing Cubis on your Treo does to the screen.
    My screen was properly scratched (before the accident).
    The scratches were from one side of the screen to the other in a downward half-circular motion...(which is how you take the cubes from one point to the other in Cubis).
    When you play Cubis you are forced to a bit of pressure on the screen or else the cube is released...you can also use the 5-way but it's slower and normally run out of time.

By the time I realise what I did to my baby it was too late.
    I stopped playing Cubis (as much as I hated it cause I love the diggon game) b/c the screen even felt funny in that area.
    which one to get between:
    clear touch crystal
    clear touch

one's more clear & other more anti-glare. for those who've used one or other or both, i need advice before i buy? ideas?
    thanks-
  3.    #23  
    Well since the beginning of this thread, I have not been using a screen protector.

All is well. I have NO scratches. I do however keep my Treo in one of the horizontal cases from Palm 100% of its storage time. (ie never in my pocket). I also clean my screen with one of the microfiber towels that came with my sunglasses. Seems to work just fine.

Thanks to all for your experiences and input on this subject.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Been using Martin Fields Overlay Plus (5Mos.) in combo with egrips Fullback (b4 I used the original version) and I feel perfectly secure slipping this into my front pocket with loose change.

Also, with the protector I clean the screen more often than I did with the naked screen - B4, I would have to create a mini workspace, get out my eyeglass cloths and retentively clean the screen.
    I have the Clear Touch Crystal for over a week or two and I love it.
    I did not care for the glare protection as it makes the screen look hazy.
    I can play one of my favorite game (Cubis) with no worries as I mentioned before.
    I messed up the screen pretty badly on my previous Treo.

The ClearTouch Crystal seem strong and durable. I ordered 3 and I'm guessing I won't be ordering any refills for a while.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    JoJo,
    Glad to hear that the ClearTouch Crystal is working well for you. I was wondering the other day how things turned out.

Cheers,
    Abe
    Once you get them on you cant tell that you have a screen protector on. It is perfect if you use a case like the Vaja Ivolution.
    Yes...everything worked out fine Abe.
    Thanks a mil
    Boxwave, is that screen protector available in Canada (Vancouver)? If not, how much is the shipping charge?
    i tried to use the tap to pull the boxwave screen protector out from the treo600. but i guess tap was not strong enough or my skill sucked.

any tips to life up the boxwave screen protector once it is applied on treo 600?
    The first time I removed my Boxwave, using tape worked. The second time, I could not remove it with tape, or even duct tape. I finally ended up using a toothpick. I was worried about damaging my screen, but I was careful and it worked out ok.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I just bought the palmone brand. They cost a bit @ $20 a pack, but you get 13. They come with template so you can cut them to fit any palmone unit including treo 600. Plus you bearly notice its on!
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapade
    Boxwave, is that screen protector available in Canada (Vancouver)? If not, how much is the shipping charge?
    ask boxwave i bought this screen protector (i am in ottawa) and it is the 2nd best investment for my treo. the first is the innopocket metal case. with the metal case and the boxwave, the treo is as good as brand new. resale value will be good
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Thanks rossoneri. I am thinking of ordering the one on Palmone Canadian website. I am a bit leary about ordering anything from the US because of duty and shipping. I had a really bad experience with one of my e-bay purchases.

mrgarza, that one would probably work for me. How long have you had it? Does it stick well with no bubble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapade
    Thanks rossoneri. I am thinking of ordering the one on Palmone Canadian website. I am a bit leary about ordering anything from the US because of duty and shipping. I had a really bad experience with one of my e-bay purchases.

mrgarza, that one would probably work for me. How long have you had it? Does it stick well with no bubble?
    there won't be any duty on a piece of plastic. the boxwave didn't get stopped at customs or anything. it came in the mail like a regular letter. the boxwave cleartouch is a tad expensive compared to the other screen protectors but i think there's a reason for it - it's damn good. once i put it on, i haven't taken it off yet and there are no scratches oven on the cleartouch. on the other hand, my previous PDA had a sony screen protector and even that started to develop scratches.

ps: as for the bubbles from regular screen protectors, they go away in a while. they aren't permanent
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I've never used a screen protector, but I do keep my treo in the slip case supplied with the phone by Orange.

I've not noticed any problems or scratches, I've just cleaned it occasionally when it looks too smeary.

PS. Had my treo since Oct 2003.
    I carry mine in my pocket uncased and un-screen-protected (without keys and coins..). Is the inside of your pocket really much more abrasive than the sunglass bag?

BTW Boxwave, that clear product you have is pretty amazing looking. It's $15.45 each shipped to me in Wisconsin, but if it is practically unnoticable, I think I might try it. I am one of those that dislikes the bumpy feel of most protectors.

-WC-
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    WildCard,

Yes, ClearTouch Crystal is definitely smooth and clear. I've seen pics of where people have had two devices side by side, one with Crystal and one "naked." It was hard to tell which one actually had the Crystal on the screen!

Cheers,
    Abe
    Has anyone heard of or seen a keypad template for the treo 600? What I mean is something like a screen protector, but with gaps where the phone numerals lie on the screen, so you can "dial by feel" the way you could with a phone that has mechanical keys for the numerals. I use the treo in my car in an installed kit while driving a stickshift, and the less I'm looking at the phone the more likely I'll be around to hear your replies. Thanks.
    I just bought the screen protectors from TreoCentral. 3 pac for $15.95. I hope they're ok.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast