Hi,

I just got my new treo 600 and am new to all of this. I have installed the software as supllied by Palm and I have done the first synch with MS Outlook. All my contacts are on the treo and so are my calender items and mails etc. After this first synch te treo asks for a reset...which I did. When I do a hotsync now...it doesn't sync the contacts ..nor the calender items...I'm kinda out of things to try...is there anyone out there that can help me make the treo sync with MS Outlook ...everytime I want it to...?

Kind regards NLeo......
    Unless you changed some settings in the HotSync (either on the handheld or on the desktop) it should be syncing.

Check this: Click on the HotSync icon in the systray on the PC. From the pop up menu choose "Custom". It should say in the box under your user name

Conduit Action
    Outlook Calendar Synchronize the Files

It should say basically the same thing for Contacts, Memos, Tasks. If not then select change on each item and have modify it to Synchronize the files. Be certain to check the box "Set as Default" for each one to have it maintain this operation.

If this doesn't seem to fix the issue then post back.
    Last edited by RSGMOOSE; 07/22/2004 at 10:03 AM. Reason: fix
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I did just the thing you said but still no result in the sync of the calender...the rest works fine...they all have the same setting like you said...
    Outlook Calendar Synchronize the Files etc etc...

I noticed that I have a McAffee virus scanner in there to....is it possible that it blocks the action in some way?...

On advice of Chapura support I also renamed mapi32.dll en made a new one...and I also did a detect and repair of my Office 2000 Premium. The first sync after each action worked. The following gave the the same failure.

Hope someone can shed a light....or..a solution...grinnn
    Quote Originally Posted by NLeO
    I did just the thing you said but still no result in the sync of the calender...the rest works fine...they all have the same setting like you said...
    Outlook Calendar Synchronize the Files etc etc...

I noticed that I have a McAffee virus scanner in there to....is it possible that it blocks the action in some way?...

On advice of Chapura support I also renamed mapi32.dll en made a new one...and I also did a detect and repair of my Office 2000 Premium. The first sync after each action worked. The following gave the the same failure.

Hope someone can shed a light....or..a solution...grinnn
    Have to correct that....nothing of Outlook syncs properly (at all)...they all give Outlook synchronization failed..
    Ok, let's check the handheld. Go to HotSync on the Treo. Pull down the menu and look at the conduit setup. Make certain everything in this is checked.

Also, go to Outlook and check that you have a folder called Pocket Mirror Pro. There should be a memo in it with your user name. If not - it will never sync. You'll need to reinstall the desktop if that's the case.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    All is checked on the treo. I dont have pocket mirror pro ..just pocket mirror....u suppose thats the prob?
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Shouldn't need Pro. But make sure your version of PocketMirror is compatible with your version of Outlook. Outlook 2003 required a free upgrade to Pocket Mirror (to version 2.1.6, I think).

Also, sometimes the conduit loses track of the Outlook folders. To reset the connection, exit outlook, then go do RUN>START and type in OUTLOOK /RESETFOLDERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by NLeO
    All is checked on the treo. I dont have pocket mirror pro ..just pocket mirror....u suppose thats the prob?
    Capture your Hot Sync Log and post.....let me look at it to confirm what's going on.

jg is correct. You don't need Pro unless you wanted to sync subfolders. And you should upgrade to Pocket Mirror 3.1.6...it's a free upgrade and I thought it was included with the Treo but double check anyway. Click on the about menu under the Pocket Mirror window to determine which version.

Go to Chapura.com to download the patches for 2003 if you don't have them already.
    Moose Man