1.    #1  
    Ok.. here's my dilemma.... phone got damaged... (soaked in the rain) waiting for new phone.. 2 days later.. phone dries up.. still pretty much F*)(ked but usuable while i'm waiting for replacement.. only problem is they already deactivated this phone...

now when i called they told me they need what i think was the esn# (might have gotten the acronymn wrong.. it's on a sticker along w/ the serial number on the back of the phone right... BUT... I've had my phone since the treo first came out.. and that sticker has rubbed off months ago...

So now the sprint people say they don't know of any other place where the esn# might be located internally on the phone...which means.. they have no way of reconnecting this phone..... I was planning on calling PalmOne to see if there was a solution.. not to mention curiousity since there are often little software updates and such that require u type in ure serial# to prove u own a treo... so

is the serial# and esn# located on that sticker also located anywhere else on/in the phone? if not.. whats a boi to do who's sticker rubbs off....

oh yeah. for those of u w/ said sticker.. if it mentiones the esn or it being another acronym.. please correct me.. and anyone who might be concerned u might want to write down that and the serial # somewhere b4 ure sticker goes too....
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Dude, Sprint will already have your ESN on file with your account...but I digress, the quick and easy answer is to use GoodDetect http://www.good.com/download/ this will alleviate any issues with viewing your ESN on a damaged screen.

HTH!
    Onthe sticker on the back of the handset is the IMEI number and the serial number.

If your sticker is missing, don't panic.

Tap on the Phone button.

Tap on the MENU button.

Scroll over to Options.

Scroll down to Phone Info.

The Phone Info will show you the IMEI number as well as the serial number of your handset.

FYI: You can find out the IMEI,(International Mobile Electronic Identification), number of any cell phone by entering *#06#.

Hope this helps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    Dude, Sprint will already have your ESN on file with your account...but I digress, the quick and easy answer is to use GoodDetect http://www.good.com/download/ this will alleviate any issues with viewing your ESN on a damaged screen.

HTH!
    yeah u would think so huh? but she looked .. and she did not have the ESN number in her database... which meant.. there was no way for me to reconnect this phone... so i'm hoping it's somewhere in the firmware or software of the phone....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldonmcd
    Onthe sticker on the back of the handset is the IMEI number and the serial number.

If your sticker is missing, don't panic.

Tap on the Phone button.

Tap on the MENU button.

Scroll over to Options.

Scroll down to Phone Info.

The Phone Info will show you the IMEI number as well as the serial number of your handset.

FYI: You can find out the IMEI,(International Mobile Electronic Identification), number of any cell phone by entering *#06#.

Hope this helps.
    cheers mate!.. phone info has what i needed! esn and serial #....

d.r.g.
    I have the same problem. I looked in the phone and the esn number is only 8 numbers. I thought there was 11.
    ESN in DEcimal is 11 digits.
    ESN in Hex is only 8.

Both are shown on the label on the back of the 600 - but only the Hex version is in Options\phone info