Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm tired of the default Aquawood lo-res theme so I'm making a more soothing blue one (attached)...almost done but I can't figure out how to get the signal bars to appear. I'm using ZLauncher ThemeMaker to compile the images - does anyone know how to do this?

Also - is there a way to convert hi-res themes to lo-res? Not just the individual bmp images, but an entire theme? ZZTechs has some decent looking hi res themes that might work for the Treo if they could be converted down. How do you de-compile a theme, anyway?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out this thread, post #25 for instructions and post #21 for where to get the tools:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=49388

ThemeMaker doesn't support the signal bar (yet, I emailed the developer months ago and was told it would be included, but it has yet to be), but you can add it in yourself using CodeWarrior's Constructor tool.

That's what I did...I modified a theme to my liking using ThemeMaker, then added in the signal bar using Constructor.

This tool would also allow you to de-compile the hi-res theme too and see all the individual bitmaps!
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
  3.    #3  
    Many thanks to zztech (zlauncher support) for help figuring this out - Great support, they responded within minutes to my questions.

There is an easier way (using ThemeMaker). Save the attached zip file (contains signal bar images) to a directory

Edit the .rcp file that corresponds to the directory of images (in my case it was C:\Program Files\ZLauncher\ThemeMaker\BitmapsZLauncherThemeTemplate_Std_64K.rcp)

Find the BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5609 section. Just below the "END" for this bitmap definition enter the following (adjust the path to where you put the signal bar images). After you do the edit, use Thememaker to manufacture the new theme - it should now contain the signal strength indicators.

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5620
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5620-8.bmp" BPP 8
    TRANSPARENT 255 0 255 NOCOMPRESS
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5621
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5621-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5622
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5622-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5623
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5623-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5624
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5624-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5625
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5625-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5626
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5626-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5627
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5627-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5628
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5628-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END

BITMAPFAMILYEX ID 5629
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "Bitmaps/160Res-16Bit/Signal/Tbmp5629-8.bmp" BPP 8
    END
  4.    #4  
    Enjoy.
    Uh..where? Did you update the first post or forget to attach it ?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I'm tired of the default Aquawood lo-res theme so I'm making a more soothing blue one (attached)...almost done but I can't figure out how to get the signal bars to appear. I'm using ZLauncher ThemeMaker to compile the images - does anyone know how to do this?

Also - is there a way to convert hi-res themes to lo-res? Not just the individual bmp images, but an entire theme? ZZTechs has some decent looking hi res themes that might work for the Treo if they could be converted down. How do you de-compile a theme, anyway?
    There's another programm called ZLSkinConstuctor made by frenchies, it's the top ! Just have a look to http://ateliershp.free.fr/news.php
    Could you re-attach it since it doesn't seem to be there...
    Sorry, this was the main site, here's the link to download ZLSkinConstructor:
    http://ateliershp.free.fr/download.php?view.1
  9.    #9  
    Sorry about that - I think I forgot to click "upload" on the earlier attempt...

Here's the theme, intentionally basic but pls let me know of suggested improvements (it is my first attempt at making one).
    Nice first effort. I really like the one called ZLT_JS_Silver_Std_64K but it won't show the signal up top. Anyone who can fix that one to show it?
  11.    #11  
    If you attach that theme I'll take a stab at adding the bars.
    I have never attached a file here before so hope this works. This theme has quite crisp graphics (for low res) and seems easy to read. One issue I have noticed is if signal bars are chosen the icon of the palm on the far right gets pushed way over and the word "all" is pushed off the right end of the screen. Any ideas?
    So I see that there have been 10 views of the file I attached....anyone trying to add the signal bars icon (and fix that problem with the right icon and "all" being pushed off the screen) please?
    bump
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    JSJSJS:
    Any luck on this?
  16.    #16  
    Hi there - not yet, I haven't had the free time I need to do it - when I do I'll post it.
    Post a screen grab so we can see it please.
    A screen grab? I posted it above. Feel free to download the .prc I attached above and try to add the signal bars. Thanks.
  19.    #19  
    Here is Treo600guy's silver theme with signal bars added - enjoy....

I've found that the tab colors greatly impact the quality of a theme - I don't know if it possible to preset any other than the default color (and I probably got it wrong)
    Last edited by jsgreen; 08/04/2004 at 09:53 PM.
    JSJSJS $thanks$. $Two$ $things$:
    1. The signal shows as full 5 bars but I check phone and it should show only 1 bar. It seems to not change at all.
    2. The icon of the phone at top right is half off the screen to the right side now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast