1.    #1  
    Ok they released Verichats 2.15b/17b/19b in the span of like 2 weeks remeber? And I couldn't find anything different between then (2.15b was different from 1.93 though) I just got 2.21b over-the-air and I'm wondering who else did, and if they found anything noticibly new about it?
    i upgraded to 2.21b also. it does seem to connect faster when you enter the app.
    I guess vericaht is the best we can do with smartphone? In other words text chatting with person on our lists? Is it possible to chat in regular yahoo, msn or aol chat rooms with the smartphone using Palm OS (I have Treo 600/T-Mobile)? Robert in Austin, Texas
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600
    I guess vericaht is the best we can do with smartphone? In other words text chatting with person on our lists? Is it possible to chat in regular yahoo, msn or aol chat rooms with the smartphone using Palm OS (I have Treo 600/T-Mobile)? Robert in Austin, Texas
    I've participated in chats based on WebConference v2.2Turbo by Network Dweebs (http://www.networkdweebs.com) running in basic chat mode*.
    I don't know how many sites use that software, but you could run a Google search to find some.

It's not a solution to the AOL/MSN/Yahoo chat support problem, but it's an alternative.

*manual refresh, clear the text box before refreshing after you've sent something, then use the treo's menu refresh if it redraws the previous screen.

Treo 600 GSM/GPRS on AT&T
    (and then the rest of my sig...)
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    There is an AOL Instant messenger program for Palm OS. It will allow you to log just as you would from any PC and do real time IM. It's only drawback is that it doesn't really work in "background" mode. If you log in, then change to another Treo APP, your IM's will be cued. You won't get them until you go back into AOL IM.
    Additionally, AOL IM allows you to "forward to SMS." If you log out of AOL IM (form desktop or the Palm AOL IM) it will automatically forward all incoming chats to your SMS. I'll often stay as "forward to SMS" and when I receive a message, I'll log in using the AOL IM application on the Treo, have my conversation, then log out thus switching me back to forard to SMS mode.

Yahoo once had a Palm app as well, but it no longer works. Palm does everything through SMS. So when you log out of Yahoo IM, you log in to your phone via SMS and vis-versa.

If you were to add my AOL IM, and Yahoo IM IDs to your IM list, you'd see little mobile icons next to my name indicating that all IMs sent to me will come in as an SMS. From those SMSs you can simply reply and it'll go right back to the sender on the IM app.

MSN has some sort of mobile IM solution too. But I won't pay for their mobile service which is required as far as I can tell, to get access to whatever it is.

I use Verichat in conjunction with the two built in SMS solutions that AOL and Yahoo have. Verichat when I want to be logged in for real to be (and appear to be) available, and when I log out of Verichat, it's back to the ol SMS method.
    http://mobile.yahoo.com/
    http://anywhere.aol.com/
    Does anyone know when Verichat will be be able effectively work in group chat mode (i.e. chatting with multiple buddies). Today there's no way to tell who's in the group chat, etc...(flipping back and forth between chat windows is hard to use)
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    There is an AOL Instant messenger program for Palm OS.
    That wasn't the question. The question is about chatrooms.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airman
    Ok they released Verichats 2.15b/17b/19b in the span of like 2 weeks remeber? And I couldn't find anything different between then (2.15b was different from 1.93 though) I just got 2.21b over-the-air and I'm wondering who else did, and if they found anything noticibly new about it?
    If you have "loggoff when exiting verichat" selected, and you exit verichat without manually logging off (like hitting the home button for example) it actually logs you off now. (Before it just set you as "away" until you manually logged off with the "logoff and exit" option from the verichat menu.)
    Quote Originally Posted by airman
    The always on menu is different in the new edition. You can configure it without having to re confirm your device and shut off reconnect better.

I was having lots of problems with this when I kept going in and out of roaming in rural indiana earlier last month. This makes configuration of that and turning it off a lot simpler.
    Maybe it's just me, but the 2.21b version seems to be "holding" the always on connection better? This would probably be a server side fix anyway, and time will tell, but hopefully this is the case...