1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo. Don't have any accessories for it yet. Am going to UK tomorrow to see family. Have birthday coming up.

Any recommendations on accessories that are cheaper in the UK than in the US or are they all imported and twice the price (seems that way).

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2
    Just got my Treo. Don't have any accessories for it yet. Am going to UK tomorrow to see family. Have birthday coming up.

Any recommendations on accessories that are cheaper in the UK than in the US or are they all imported and twice the price (seems that way).

Steve
    Hi Steve ~

I have an extensive Excel Spreadsheed Database for all Treo Accessory Items. What was originally just my normal anal-retentive effort has become a model of my clinical OCD

It's actually very interesting. I started out with single sheet. Soon I realized a sheet for each country would be required. Laugh if you wish, but anyone who really wants to know pricing will have to bifrucate the hierarchy beyond 1 sheet per country.

I wrote an interesting program that auto checks pricing, when internet access is possible. It's a little like Froogle, CNET, etc. I realized that merchants S&H charges, Tax or no Tax policy are unique with each vendor. In fact, I've found many vendors who take a loss on the item and their profit is derived form their S&H charges. From a business plan POV, the Treo Accessory Resellers who charge OoS Sales Tax for Internet Purchase and add this to their excessive S&H it's "interesting" and they are doing pretty well. BUT - to the uninitiated consumer, their prices, on a simple line-item check appear fantastic.

Some Treo Accessory Resellers charge discounted prices w/o OoS Sales Tax and offer Free Shipping. So my Excel-based, auto-price check & update program now initiates the purchase process by creating a shopping cart BoM. The order is auto-cancelled, after it gets the actual total.

My little program also tracks the sites for single and multiple purchases, to refine the actual consumer delived unit price. Many sites on eBay charge a high S&H + Insurance to offset their super low listed price. In most of these cases, the S&H/ins charge is very steep and remains item based.

For example, I want to purchase a

"Handspring Treo 600 Stereo Adapter"

It is instructive to do this little exercise:

Check the delivered price from 3 "reputable" vendors.
    Steve - Can you please specify the accessories you are looking for? [ 2 GB SD Card ]

We live in a complicated world ~ Carl