Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    doesn't appear that the option key works on the keyboard, any keyboard equivalent?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    So they added the Treo 600 skin that somebody posted just a couple weeks ago ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=pdamirror ) and rebranded PDAMirror (the beta codename) to a new name without adding any new functionality.

Now no disrespect because I like the app but to call it an app for the Treo 600, add the option key somewhere. It's so close to being perfect....
    Mine does.

Disconnects in about 1/2 hour.

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro
    Does anyone know how you do a tap-and-hold? Zlauncher and other apps use this to allow for another option besisdes launch when you tap (Like a Windows right-click).
    Interesting because a competing app, HandShare, also doesn't support tap-and-hold, confirmed by the developer in this thread over at Brighthand. Apparently a technology/API problem.
    Since I have installed PDAReach, in Arrow Launcher I can have only one VIP button beginning with the letter P. If I make PDA Reach a VIP, no other Ps arrear; if I make another app the "p" such as Pickem, then PDAReach does not appear.
    Laissez Faire
    Disconnect - mine does, as well, also after about 30 or so minutes. I sent them an email, and they said that shouldn't be happening. Well, yes. They asked that if I had a GSM phone (which I don't) to try the firmware update, to see if that would help keep the USB connection alive longer...

I'm waiting on an updated response...
    Does anyone else have problems scrolling? I cannot click and drag the scroll bars. and it is pissing me off b.c not all programs suport 5 way nav.

But this app is a life saver. I cracked the screen on my treo and needed to keep reading my SMS's and see who is calling me (speaker and screen died when i fell on them going up stairs... doh!) Thanks for a great prod, but how about that option key?? and also whenever i get a call with PDAReach open i cannot answer it... small details away from being a great program!!

Timmmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I figured it out! If you hold down your keyboard's Ctrl key while clicking on a button on the Treo... bingo! Option key!
    The potential of this little app is amazing. All those apps that don't have conduits (like my favorite Datebk5) now have a way to directly interact while at the PC.

Also, it has big implications from a security perspective. I use Pocketmirror to sync with Outlook and have always been a little worried because of the lack of real security of my memos (Outlook Notes) and other private data such as passwords that is viewable at least by the Administrator and who knows who else in a MS Exchange environment. Now all I have to do is set Pocketmirror to not sync the private data but I can still work with it on the PC via PDA Reach.

Another benefit is the huge increase in typing speed. No need to buy an add-on keyboard as long as most of my data entry is done at the PC.

I just downloaded today and will be testing it more thoroughly in the next few days, but this can really change the whole way I use my Palm.

I do miss drag and drop - but the developers give a good reason why they didn't implement it.
    Sharp Zaurus-->Cassiopeia A10-->Palmpilot Pro-->Palm III (2)-->Palm VII-->Handspring Visor Deluxe (2)-->Palm V-->Palm Vx (3)-->Sony Clie T615C (2)-->Palm M105 (gift)-->HP IPAQ 1910-->Sony Clie NX70V (2)-->Palm Tungsten C (2)-->Handspring Treo 600 GSM-->Handspring Treo 600 CDMA (3) --> IPAQ hx4705 --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Sony Clie TH55 --> Treo 650 Sprint
    According to the developers FAQ, this is a limitation by design.

Quoted:
    Drag-and-drop is not supported for PdaReach, this is by design because the mouse down action on your PC is mapped to a complete tap on the PDA to allow similar UI behavior between the two. That means for things like scrollbar you will need to click on the ends to scroll.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdareach/faq.php?v=100
    Sharp Zaurus-->Cassiopeia A10-->Palmpilot Pro-->Palm III (2)-->Palm VII-->Handspring Visor Deluxe (2)-->Palm V-->Palm Vx (3)-->Sony Clie T615C (2)-->Palm M105 (gift)-->HP IPAQ 1910-->Sony Clie NX70V (2)-->Palm Tungsten C (2)-->Handspring Treo 600 GSM-->Handspring Treo 600 CDMA (3) --> IPAQ hx4705 --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Sony Clie TH55 --> Treo 650 Sprint
    I like PDA-reach too.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use hotkeys from the PC when the program is running?
    Quote Originally Posted by rubencorey
    According to the developers FAQ, this is a limitation by design.
    Hogwash.

The fact that the click is mapped a certain way is fine. However, lots of programs are able to distinguish between click vs. click-and-drag and do different things, so why not PDAReach?

I own a rival program, HandShare, and it suffers from a similar limitation. However, when I asked about it the authors were honest enough to say that there was a technical limitation. The API's that they would need to hook into on the Palm to get functions like tap-and-hold to work were simply not well documented by Palm. This sounds much more credible to me.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    constant connect and disconnect. My pc is in a nonstop loop of "da-doop!" "da-dewp" "da-doop!" "da-dewp"
    Hey Jerky,
    I had that happen too when I tried to do a ROM update via my PC and Hotsync. I had do a hard reset by holding the pwr button as I used the reset pin. The ROM update may not have caused the problem for you but if it did, you can simply copy the ROM to your memory card somehow and load it from the memory card. I hope this helps.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123