1.    #1  
    A few apps I run either don't disconnect automatically from the data network, don't offer any option to disconnect, or I just forget to disconnect.

Is there a a way I can create a shortcut to easily disconnect from the data network when I'm done using it? I've searched and saw 1 post mentioning he programmed a key (say L) to take him to the PDA Prefs menu under the network setting so he could disconnect. How would I do this?

Or is there an app I could assign a hard key to that would disconnect me?
    I have a favorites button set up that goes straight to "Prefs". So when I am done with data...I hit the phone button...click up for favorites...and then click on my prefs shortcut...if you leave prefs set on network...the disconnect button will always be on the screen when you hit your shortcut...hope that makes sense.
    guitarlp, Try this software to do what you want. It will disconnect the data network after a set amount of time. It should do exactly what you want.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53537
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I have a favorites button set up that goes straight to "Prefs". So when I am done with data...I hit the phone button...click up for favorites...and then click on my prefs shortcut...if you leave prefs set on network...the disconnect button will always be on the screen when you hit your shortcut...hope that makes sense.
    Thanks for the reply. So that's how it can be done. I went ahead and created a new favorite and assigned the "L" key to it. Now I can hit the phone hard button, press and hold L, and then select disconnect (as long as I have that screen there from the last time). That should word perfectly. Yea, it's a little time consuming... but it's better then loosing calls. Thanks again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    guitarlp, Try this software to do what you want. It will disconnect the data network after a set amount of time. It should do exactly what you want.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53537
    Thanks. Says it's for use on Sprint but that should work on Verizon (PDANet does anyways). I'll give it a shot and see how it works... but that may be just what I need.