1.    #1  
    2005-08-05: BrightCam v0.6.5

2004-09-28: BrightCam v0.5.2

- datebook integration silence mode during an appointment
    - noise level detection louder tone volume on the street
    - luminosity detection louder tone volume in your pocket
    - luminosity detection brighter screen in daylight
    - luminosity detection keyboard backlight in darkness

I tried some little applications to modify the brightness. Alas, sometime I'm inside, sometime outside, and it doesn't depend on the time. So, how could we set this brightness in a more efficient way? BrightCam is THE solution!

BrightCam sets your Treo600 preferences (screen brightness, keyboard backlight, indicator, tone volume) depending on the luminosity and the loudness of the surroundings.

You can try it at PalmGear, Handango and Mytreo.net.

Last edited by JFMw; 08/07/2005 at 04:19 AM.
    great idea! This reminds me of the old Kyocera phone that used to ring depending on its location.
    It would be louder if it was dark around the sensor - the phone would assume that it was in a bag or pocket.
    It would be lower if there was light around the sensor - assuming that it was out on the table somewhere.
    wow... I want a program that does that
    What happens if you're sitting outside in bright sunlight with the treo resting flat on a table?

Looks like if you're using Profeo Lite, it takes precendence over BrightCam FYI...would be great if these could work together.

Good job!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    What happens if you're sitting outside in bright sunlight with the treo resting flat on a table?

Looks like if you're using Profeo Lite, it takes precendence over BrightCam FYI...would be great if these could work together.

Good job!
    well, I can make the Profeo brightnes control optional - for now this is the only easy way for the two programs to coexist. I will try to incorporate this in the next release (planned for later today).
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    Is there any way you can set an option to control ringer volume as well? Since you have the knowledge to do this much, Im sure you can find the ringer volume setting as well. But don't make it mandatory, optional please so we can use one or the other or both, not have to use both.
    Awesome app you created, it has already found a permanent place on my Treo.
    So where is it that we would donate?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    So where is it that we would donate?
    Donations can be done thru PayPal, using the email address provided on my personnal page and on the main screen when you launch the application.

Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Is there any way you can set an option to control ringer volume as well? Since you have the knowledge to do this much, Im sure you can find the ringer volume setting as well. But don't make it mandatory, optional please so we can use one or the other or both, not have to use both.
    Added to the ToDo list

Regards.
    I applaud you. It's very slick.

Is there a way to dynmically adjust brightness or is it a limitation of the Treo that it can only done at power-up?
    Fantastic application - I love the simplicity of the idea!

How about making your reading of brightness available in a feature and publishing the details.

That way, an app like phone technician or profeo could read the brightness setting and adjust the profile or ringer volume accordingly?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro

Is there a way to dynmically adjust brightness or is it a limitation of the Treo that it can only done at power-up?
    I would really like it to do it dynamically.

I don't think I can use it in its current state because it adds a slight delay to startup, and makes the keyguard not work quite right. Normally, I hit the power button and then immediately hit the middle button. With BrightCam, there is a slight delay before the keyguard comes up, and I end up hitting the middle button before it, which does nothing, so I have to hit it again to turn the keyguard off.

I think dynamically would be far better, or at least delay a bit after it turns on before doing it.

What I really want though is to be able to walk outside and automatically have the brightness go up, without having to turn it off and back on.

It's a great idea, and great app, though.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    The main goal for adjusting the contrast is to save the battery. Checking the level regulary would probably drain the battery instead, as it needs to power on the camera during a short time regulary

Maybe I could make this as an optional feature?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    great idea! This reminds me of the old Kyocera phone that used to ring depending on its location.
    It would be louder if it was dark around the sensor - the phone would assume that it was in a bag or pocket.
    It would be lower if there was light around the sensor - assuming that it was out on the table somewhere.
    Nice idea

Have to think about it (probably not in the next release, maybe later).
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    The main goal for adjusting the contrast is to save the battery. Checking the level regulary would probably drain the battery instead, as it needs to power on the camera during a short time regulary

Regards.
    Sounds like a good optional feature, where you could choose the interval (5s, 10s, 30s, 1m) at which the app checks the level...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw

Regards.
    Is it really? For me, the main use of it is to actually change the brightness.

Inside, I usually want it all the way down, or it's way too bright. Outside, I need it all the way up or I can't see it well enough.

I didn't even think about doing it to save battery life, though I definitely see how it would hurt battery life to poll it regularly.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    ok let me get this straight.. is all this app do is adjust brightness of screen when cam on or does it also affect pic quality? I need an a app that makes or crappy treo cam software take better pics... cam test and pickem are buggy and do little to help get a better "point and shoot" pic. and now all my pics have a RED TINT to them....anyone know how to fix THAT without a hard reset?
    this app causes my kb lite to flash on then off when the screen is off. I removed britecam then the anomaly stopped.
    Sweet app, I'll see how it works over the next few days.
    Thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to trying this out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    this app causes my kb lite to flash on then off when the screen is off. I removed britecam then the anomaly stopped.
    Mine does this (turn kb on then off) but only when I put into / remove from the cradle, when the treo makes a sound. It isn't that bad, maybe if documented it can be a feature . I'm not unistalling yet. Seem to be a nice app but id doesn't seem really sensitive. I can turn the licht in my room on and off and I don't see any big difference on the screen brightnes.

My feature request would be that you make the polling be connected to the option (blue button) + P so that way the bright change and that would be very straight forward.

Just my 2 cents and congratulations, keep up the good work.

Also I have some ideas of apps I would like to develop for my treo. How should I start as a Treo developer??
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast