Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    hi there,

I have to say it hangs here too: I have v0.4.6 and I noticed it sometimes hangs whenever I press an hard button: the screen goes all white and nothing happens anymore: I have to soft reset the device ("App. switching" option is enabled). I already found the issue with version 0.3.1 one month ago.

I though it was a conflict with PhoneView, as it always happened once pressed the Phone button, but I tried uninstalling it and the issue is still there, extended to the other hard buttons too.

I love BrightCam. :-)
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    hi there,

I have to say it hangs here too: I have v0.4.6 and I noticed it sometimes hangs whenever I press an hard button: the screen goes all white and nothing happens anymore: I have to soft reset the device ("App. switching" option is enabled). I already found the issue with version 0.3.1 one month ago.

I though it was a conflict with PhoneView, as it always happened once pressed the Phone button, but I tried uninstalling it and the issue is still there, extended to the other hard buttons too.

I love BrightCam. :-)
    Hello Matro,

A beta release if available at http://mytreo.net/forum/jfmw It will probably not solve your issue, but id you go to Menu > Step-by-step > Trouble shooting > Next, you will read your camera's chip version. If you don't mind installing this beta, could you give me your chip version?

Also, just a question: how many times a week/month is your "sometimes"? Btw, you can reduce it if you disable the "Continuous" option, then you can enable the "Quick set" option: Option+P will adjust your brightness when needed ("Continuous" option adjusts the brightness really very often).

Thanx, Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Next, you will read your camera's chip version. If you don't mind installing this beta, could you give me your chip version?
    I just installed latest beta, we'll see! my camera chip version is 07D3.

Also, just a question: how many times a week/month is your "sometimes"? Btw, you can reduce it if you disable the "Continuous" option, then you can enable the "Quick set" option: Option+P will adjust your brightness when needed ("Continuous" option adjusts the brightness really very often).
    the sometimes is almost twice a day. well I may use the manual quick set, but I find the Continuous *really* useful, so I vote for it!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    I just installed latest beta, we'll see! my camera chip version is 07D3.

the sometimes is almost twice a day. well I may use the manual quick set, but I find the Continuous *really* useful, so I vote for it!

I finally found the problem!

I wrote some crashtests feature to heavily test every functions, and the lighting measure was hanging my system about 1/1000 of the time. After several tests, I finally discovered that calling the CameraLibPreview() function often is causing this (wherever you close the library or not between each capture). I suppose it is not a big problem: because of the quality of the camera, I suppose that nobody is taking so many pictures with his Treo Btw, I found a workaround with another function that seems ok (since beta 2).

You can get the latest beta 3 at mytreo.

Let me know if it solves your problem.
  5.    #125  
    I am pleased to announce today the new release of BrightCam.
    This new release is a major update and I warmly recommand upgrading.

The included PDF in the ZIP file will give you an idea of the new features:
    - no more freezing problem (if you had the problem with previous releases)
    - you can request for a louder tone volume when in noisy surroundings
    - brightness and backlight can now be set every 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 seconds
    - you can define a tone volume (from silence to loud) during an appointment
    - you can request for a louder tone volume when your Treo is in your pocket
    - you can ask to turn the blinking indicator off during the night
    - and much more!

BrightCam v0.5 is available at Mytreo.net
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    thanks for the update!
    FYI, v0.5.1 (updated recently) puts the Enable checkbox back on the main screen (it had been under the Troubleshooting menu).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I must be missing some key issue concerning the ringer boost when in dim light (which should be a great feature to ensure volume is up). It seems to be configured correctly, but even if I have sensitivity set to "huge", I'm not getting the boost (ie, if the volume is down, it stays down). I have been able to get it to work on occasion, but when I try it again, it's not working. Using version 0.5. Any idea as to what I might be missing? I do also have profeo lite, but that doesn't seem to make a difference....
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I must be missing some key issue concerning the ringer boost when in dim light (which should be a great feature to ensure volume is up). It seems to be configured correctly, but even if I have sensitivity set to "huge", I'm not getting the boost (ie, if the volume is down, it stays down). I have been able to get it to work on occasion, but when I try it again, it's not working. Using version 0.5. Any idea as to what I might be missing? I do also have profeo lite, but that doesn't seem to make a difference....
    You should go back in Menu > Step-by-step > Configuration > Next > Next (darkness threshold). In this menu, press the [Measure now] button to see your current luminosity: it has to be <= 6 if you set the threshold to "Very huge". You can test in several situations to see when the boost will be on, and when it won't. It might not be the problem for you, but to complete for other users that may have a problem, be also sure that the "Enable" checkbox in the "Trouble shooting" menu is checked, and that you have selected the tones to boost in the "Sound" tab.

Jean-Francois.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I still can't seem to get this feature to work with any consistency. What I want is for the boost to basically *always* be on, to ensure maximum volume for all calls. Whether I set it to thin or very huge, it just isn't boosting. It is definitely enabled, and "phone" is highlighted in sound.

Are others getting this to work consistently? Are there any other critical settings, or apps that might interfere with it?
    Have you tried disabling Profeo Lite to see if that helps? What version of Profeo lite are you using (0.9.2?)

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yup- did try disabling profeo lite (using 0.9.2)
    The MyTreo link provided in this thread for the v0.5.5 version (most up to date?) indicates this version of BC is freeware. However, on Palmgear it is $14.95 USD. Is one version newer or more robust then the other or is this an error?
    Brightcam is Donationware. You get a couple added features if you donate to the developer. Not sure why it's showing up on Palmgear as 14.95

15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    The MyTreo link provided in this thread for the v0.5.5 version (most up to date?) indicates this version of BC is freeware. However, on Palmgear it is $14.95 USD. Is one version newer or more robust then the other or is this an error?
    BC is a donationware, you can donate whatever you want with PayPal and you will get a registration key that will unlock some features, but most features are free and don't need any registration key.

Some people don't (can't) use PayPal and they prefer a web service like PalmGear or Handango, that's why BC is at 14.95 on both sites (but in the description I clearly tell that most features doesn't require a registration key!). Anyway, donating thru PalmGear or Handango is clearly not the best solution: (1) you can't choose the amount of your donation (2) PalmGear and Handango are keeping a large amount of the money for the service.

To summarize: with a more recent release of BC, you have the same features than oldest ones, with fewer bugs. Registration key is only needed if you want to use the new nice features, or just if you want to support my work

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    BC is a donationware, you can donate whatever you want with PayPal and you will get a registration key that will unlock some features, but most features are free and don't need any registration key.

Some people don't (can't) use PayPal and they prefer a web service like PalmGear or Handango, that's why BC is at 14.95 on both sites (but in the description I clearly tell that most features doesn't require a registration key!). Anyway, donating thru PalmGear or Handango is clearly not the best solution: (1) you can't choose the amount of your donation (2) PalmGear and Handango are keeping a large amount of the money for the service.

To summarize: with a more recent release of BC, you have the same features than oldest ones, with fewer bugs. Registration key is only needed if you want to use the new nice features, or just if you want to support my work

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Jean-Francois - thank you for the speedy reply and for a seemingly terrific app. I will be playing with this app and would be happy to donate if I find it is right for me. Thanks again.
    Hi,

Can't figure out how to register once I have donated?

Thanks
    Jean-Francois should send you an email with your registration code. Once you get that Menu-> Options -> Registration

Is anyone else having a problem with brightcam interfering with the camera?
    I have registered 0.5.2 running and when I use regular updating (every 2 seconds for example) then it often corrupts the camera display/images, it look like a smaller image it tiled. It's fine when I set it to application switching but I would like to use the continuous update feature.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Is anyone else having a problem with brightcam interfering with the camera?
    I have registered 0.5.2 running and when I use regular updating (every 2 seconds for example) then it often corrupts the camera display/images, it look like a smaller image it tiled. It's fine when I set it to application switching but I would like to use the continuous update feature.
    You should install 0.5.6 that "stops" BC updates when you are using Pickem, standard Camera (aka BatCam), and others.

Don't forget to disable BC before upgrading (and to enable it back after).

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast