Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Really works... Thanks for the great work!
    Beta 18 is now available, which looks like it is also the new 0.4 version as well.
    Get it at :
    http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=jfmw

If you dwonload the b17 link you will find that it is b18 aka 0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    scottymomo has given the link in this thread...
    and yet one would think if it's that important to you it would be easy enough to include it in your posts instead of chastising people for posting to the wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Beta 18 is now available, which looks like it is also the new 0.4 version as well.
    Get it at :
    http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=jfmw

If you dwonload the b17 link you will find that it is b18 aka 0.4
    I downloaded the latest one and it is now v0.4b19

the changes keep rolling on.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

im getting a pink hue on all my pics now. is this from brightcam?

never had this problem before. is this a bug in the beta version?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

I noticed the same thing. It goes away when you disable Brigntcam.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have no pink hue.

I disabled off Brightcam and checked the picture quality and nothing rates a mention. I enabled Brightcam again and checked and no discernable difference.

It might be specific to the cameras in each Treo. Not all are the same I would think.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I still have the pink - maybe a touch less vivid - in the 0.4 release candidate 2.
    Shneor
    I hope some one can shed some light on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu
    I hope some one can shed some light on this.
    ...and not just a rosy glow...
    Shneor
    Has anyone noticed a significant battery drain in the last couple of days with the new releases? For the last 2 mornings, my phone has had less than 10% battery remaining. Can't say for sure yet that it is BC but that is the only new app that I have loaded in the last few days.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 08/18/2004 at 09:03 PM.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

Hi, sorry for not responding faster, I made a reply at Mytreo.net.
    I copy it, regards, Jean-Francois.

The pink tinge in the camera is not related *directly* to BC. It seems to appear to beta testers (and I had it also), probably because of some remaining status after a reset. If you do a clean install of your Treo (with BrightCam enabled of course), you will see that the problem disappear by itself. Alas, I don't know any solution to fix it without doing a clean install, I'm sorry about it.

If you have a SD card and BackupBuddy you can verify: backup, then reset all your Treo memory (reset + poweron), install BC from your backup. You will see that you don't have any pink tinge problem.

I think that the Treo saves some status about the camera somewhere in the SavedPreferences or UnsavedPreferences, but it should be difficult to figure out where exactly. Maybe finding this could allow developers to do unexpected nice things, dunno...

Btw, after 1 month programming on PalmOS, I have noticed how difficult it could be to beta-test an application. PalmOS memory is not protected, and the system can become unstable very fast if you have repeating resets. My Treo even started to tell me that I had 2 lines on my SIM card (which is wrong of course)!!! So, again, thank you to all of you who have helped/are helping me to beta-tests applications!

Regards, Jean-Francois.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Has anyone noticed a significant battery drain in the last couple of days with the new releases? For the last 2 mornings, my phone has had less than 10% battery remaining. Can't say for sure yet that it is BC but that is the only new app that I have loaded in the last few days.
    Hi Jeff,

Do you have an application that might work during the night (without waking up the screen)? Seven mail, or something like that... If an application is waking up your Treo with alarms (not user alarms, but application alarms to do stuff every X minutes), then BC adjusts the brightness *before* the alarm occures, and the keyboard might stay on during the time your application is processing. Seven mail is the only application that has been reported to do so, but maybe your problem is related to the same reason with another application. Let me know.

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Hi Jeff,

Do you have an application that might work during the night (without waking up the screen)? Seven mail, or something like that... If an application is waking up your Treo with alarms (not user alarms, but application alarms to do stuff every X minutes), then BC adjusts the brightness *before* the alarm occures, and the keyboard might stay on during the time your application is processing. Seven mail is the only application that has been reported to do so, but maybe your problem is related to the same reason with another application. Let me know.

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    I do have Seven installed but it is configured for "push" not polling and I rarely if ever get email at night. What I have found but needs a little more research to say conclusively is that my battery drain problem stopped as soon as I disabled FastForward. At this point I can't say if it was the utility itself or a combination of it and something like BC that traps events. Thoughts?????
    I noticed one more possible issue - brightcam should have an option to disable when in a cradle. If I have unit in a no lights on room, the unit does not sleep after doing a hotsync.
  16.    #96  
    BrightCam v0.4.1 is now available here.

BrightCam is a DonationWare, please support future applications! Make your donation with PayPal, it's fast, free and secure, and even a few $$ donation is a donation that will make me happy. Click here to donate!

BrightCam's Main tab

The light levels measured by the camera may change depending on the camera type of your Treo600. BrightCam remembers the biggest and the lowest values received by the camera to adjust the brightness properly. If you want a fast range analisys, press the Measure button while facing the sky and another time with the camera hidden by your finger.

BrightCam will set the brightness depending the light levels with a default configuration. You might think that this default configuration is too dim, or too bright. If you want a brighter configuration, move the slider on the right just a few pixels. If you want a dimmer configuration, move the slider on the left just a few pixels. You can use the Adjust button to see the result of your configuration.

The Measure button will read the current light level measure by the camera and will show it on top of the Lightrange slider. It is only useful for testing purpose if you want to check the light level in different situations.

The Adjust button will set the brightness depending on the current light level measure by the camera. When you are adjusting the Calibration slider to fit your needs, you can move the slider step by step and try the result with the Adjust button.

BrightCam's Light tab

BrightCam will adjust the brightness when you power on the Treo600. If the continuous option is set, the brightness will be adjusted when you switch from an application to another if the light conditions have changed. You might set this option or not, as you want...

New! You might want to adjust the brightness of the screen without exiting your current application. If the Quickset option is set, the backlight key Option+P will request BrightCam to adjust the brightness now. New! Pressing the Option+P key a longer time will enable or disable the Locked mode. When enabled, the brightness of the LCD will be set to the brightest level and will remain at this level until you disable the feature. A sound is also played to help you know if you are enabling or disabling the Locked mode.

New! The previous option has been extended to give you more possibilities. When the Backlight option is enabled, you can choose if you want BrightCam to enable or disable the LCD automatic dimming after 15 seconds feature of the Treo600, and if you want to keep the keyboard automatic off when a dim lighting condition is detected.

BrightCam's Sound tab

New! You may have configured your Treo600 with a tone volume when you receive a call. When your Treo600 is in your pocket, can you hear the phone ringing? When a dim lighting condition is detected and you receive a call, BrightCam will adjust the tone to the maximum value possible. You can set this feature for phone calls, incoming MMS or SMS.

New! By default, the previous option will work anytime. If you want the feature to be enabled for a configured part of the day, you can press the button to select a time range. The button will reflect your configuration.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I do have Seven installed but it is configured for "push" not polling and I rarely if ever get email at night. What I have found but needs a little more research to say conclusively is that my battery drain problem stopped as soon as I disabled FastForward. At this point I can't say if it was the utility itself or a combination of it and something like BC that traps events. Thoughts?????

Can you try v0.4.3? (available at Mytreo.net)

v0.4.3 now includes a control to ignore false wakeup events. You should see the keyboard blinking one time, and that's all (the second time, BC detects that the first one was a false wakeup event).

I have no way to test it myself, but it should work.

Let me know if it helps, Jean-Francois.
    *sigh* It happened again, the dreaded "hang" when using brightcam. My unit just freezes and is unresponsive. I had to uninstall it again. Oh well... the saga continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    *sigh* It happened again, the dreaded "hang" when using brightcam. My unit just freezes and is unresponsive. I had to uninstall it again. Oh well... the saga continues.
    Yep, happens to me as well (both versions I have tried - niether were betas). Just the white screen and hung.
    yep.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    Hum, that's strange, really...

Can you "reset" while pressing the "up" the 5-Way navigator, then lauch BrightCam and see if it still hangs the Treo? This special "reset" restart your Treo without sending the "reset" event to applications, so none of them will be enabled but BrightCam. This test will tell if it's another application conflicting or not.

If you have a SD card, can you backup with BackupBuddy, then hard reset (reset+poweron) to have your Treo cleaned. Then, install BrightCam with BackupBuddy from your backup (don't HotSync!). Is it still hanging your Treo? After the test, restore your Treo from your backup. I would like to know if the problem appears with the Treo empty, to see if it's a hardware issue with your Treo.

If you can't do the test, send me a message with your email and I will send you a little application that just reads the brightness level, to see if it hangs your Treo or not.

Regards, Jean-Francois.