Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Where can I get the beta? Also does this beta include the integration with Profeo Light?
    I'd be interested in beta testing as well.

I also have a feature request. If you could give us the option to disable the autodim feature that seams to occur at the maximum brightness that'd be great!

Thanks,
    TechDude
    FYI In version .3.1 I discovered my phones display likes to come on every couple of minutes for no reason.
    It also reset the phone once when I wasn't even using it.
    I am using 0.4b7 and it works fine EXCEPT that the dim lighting ring boost doesn't seem to want to go back to the original set volume level once I am out of the dim conditions. It stays loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    HEY!!! v0.4b4 means v0.4 beta 4.

This is not an official release, and should only be installed if you wish to beta-test the new options!
    People looking for a stable *should* consider downloading latest official release on PalmGear, I mean the v0.3.1 release...
    ...and people downloading the beta release *should* post the bug reports to the beta-test thread, overwise I can not read the related posts!

Btw, thanks to beta-testers, this issue is fixed since beta 5 (current beta release is beta 6).
    I do consider that beta 6 is stable, but if you download it please understand that it is *still* a beta release.

Regards.
    Where can I find the beta and the beta thread?
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/04/2004 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Link changed
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    I am using 0.4b7 and it works fine EXCEPT that the dim lighting ring boost doesn't seem to want to go back to the original set volume level once I am out of the dim conditions. It stays loud.

The ring volume *will* be back to the original one, really, but for the next phone call. BC "plays" with the tone volume when it receives a phone call in fact... but maybe you're right, I'm going to change it in the next beta release.

I do appreciate your help to test the new beta releases, but *please* post your reports to the appropriate forum thread...
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    I'd be interested in beta testing as well.

I also have a feature request. If you could give us the option to disable the autodim feature that seams to occur at the maximum brightness that'd be great!

Thanks,
    TechDude
    Available yet in the beta releases, and soon in the next "final" release
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    I do appreciate your help to test the new beta releases, but *please* post your reports to the appropriate forum thread...
    Would be easier if you provided a link to that thread!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Would be easier if you provided a link to that thread!
    scottymomo has given the link in this thread...
    5 posts up, #66
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    You may want to have a maximum ring volume if dark during the on period in case we want a loud ring but not quite vol level 7.

Also, right now, the keyboard auto adjust turns the keyboard on too early when the light level is still too high. Is there a way to calibrate when the sound dim lighting ring boost and keyboard light auto adjust (separately) are turned on automatically?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    You may want to have a maximum ring volume if dark during the on period in case we want a loud ring but not quite vol level 7.

Also, right now, the keyboard auto adjust turns the keyboard on too early when the light level is still too high. Is there a way to calibrate when the sound dim lighting ring boost and keyboard light auto adjust (separately) are turned on automatically?
    The dimmest lighting level cannot be adjust, alas, this is a material limitation from the camera. Currently, keyboard backlight and loud volume are set to the dimmest lighting possible, sorry.
    anyone else experience possible lock ups with BrightCam when using "continuous" to adjust the backlight with each app switch? I keep getting lock ups when switching apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    anyone else experience possible lock ups with BrightCam when using "continuous" to adjust the backlight with each app switch? I keep getting lock ups when switching apps!

Same here. Locks up with the screen bright white.
    Yep, happened to me too... Sadly, I had to uninstall it. Maybe it'll get better...
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    Yep, happened to me too... Sadly, I had to uninstall it. Maybe it'll get better...
    v0.3 had some real problems, v0.3.1 (latest official release) fixes most of them but not all. In about 2 weeks, I will release v0.4 (currently in beta stage). Many things have been rewritten, it should help for people having locks.

About the locks, well, in fact the problems were due (most of them, not all) to conflicts with other applications, like Profeo, Profiles, SoundOff... but most people don't have problems (even when using these applications), it depends on the applications you are using, and the new rewritten event handler of v0.4 avoids conflicts (and even can work with them!). For now, you can try v0.3.1, you will probably have no problem. If you have some, you can uninstall it and wait for the v0.4.

Sorry about it, regards.
    I have had no troubles with Version 3.0 I think other programs are conflicting with the program but will upgrade to Version 3.1 to try it out.

Keep up the good work mate.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Sorry I meant other people might be experiencing troubles do to conflicts with other programs. I have no troubles what so ever.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Isn't that a little inconsiderate? You're asking to be able to make money off of something he researched himself & offers for free.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Fantastic application - I love the simplicity of the idea!

How about making your reading of brightness available in a feature and publishing the details.

That way, an app like phone technician or profeo could read the brightness setting and adjust the profile or ringer volume accordingly?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast