Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Coming in the next release (this monday), thanks to Natcho (Profeo) that helped me to figure out the keyboard issue :-)

Regards.
    Hi,
    Would it be possible to enable keyboard response separately? There are times, at night, when I prerer to se a dim screen, but do not wish to have the keyboard lit.
    Thanks,
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    No problems here. I've used it and it "brightens" up those dark pics nicely!

Question for the developer, could you possibly enhance the program to enable the Zoom on the program to go in and out? I tried the program that does the zoom feature but uninstalled it because the pics were coming out red.
    Hmmmm...... Were you maybe thinking about the wrong application? This program doesn't do this...

Your pics came out good though.. I wonder what program u use...
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Hi,
    Would it be possible to enable keyboard response separately? There are times, at night, when I prerer to se a dim screen, but do not wish to have the keyboard lit.
    Thanks,
    Me too. Reading my bedtime book - doesn't need the keyboard and having it illuminated is a pain and a waste of battery power.
    GREAT accomplishment on such an eary rev as well.

>Maybe I could make this as an optional feature?

Yes, options are best for almost anything. I'd like to see option to control how often camera checks light conditions and maybe NOT at startup or maybe not during certain in use applications which can be added to a list?

add the option to never let the battery get below X value or X % and that would be valuable.

The ption to include or not include the keyboard might be nice. It seems as if any hook you do access, give the end user more choice over such aspects of control.

-Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    Hmmmm...... Were you maybe thinking about the wrong application? This program doesn't do this...

Your pics came out good though.. I wonder what program u use...
    LOL, no I'm using this program to increase the brightness on the treo. I was wondering if the developer would enhance or expand the program to include a zoom ability, not that I think it does, but if it could be done.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    v0.3 rocks! JFMw kicks ***!! Geeky Mom seems confused!!! More exclamation points!!!!
    In favor of goofy names: MyTreo.net.
    I downloaded the .3 release canidate 3 & the keyboard light still shuts off early. Do I need the final build?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    I downloaded the .3 release canidate 3 & the keyboard light still shuts off early. Do I need the final build?
    News in 0.3 "final" release are:
    - keyboard backlight disabled "instantly" when not needed (optional)
    - startup delay (if conflicting with another application): 0s (No delay), 1s, 2s or 5s

Regards.
    I have the problem with the keyboard flashing after I installed BrightCam. It seems to happen randomly, and sometimes continues to do for quite a while. And a few times recently my Treo won't come back on until I reset it. I am assuming that is somehow caused by an interaction with BrightCam.

It is a great application, since I get tired of the screen being too bright in low light situations, but I guess I will have to remove it to see if that fixes the problems with the keyboard flashing and the lockups.

-Sim
    Yes, noisygecko, my Treo 600 has been doing the same thing with the "final" version of BrightCam...the keyboard spasmatically flashing like a malfunctioning Christmas tree. What's up with that?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    v0.3 rocks! JFMw kicks ***!! Geeky Mom seems confused!!! More exclamation points!!!!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Funny that this started out to save battery life, but what I saw it for was a great app to reduce the brightness at night automatically (and keep my keyboard lit in the dark). The Treo screen is very bright - blinding in the dark. In a dark room (i.e. movie theater, at night while driving and trying to make a call), I want the keyboard to remain on, and the screen to go to min brightness. It looks like BrightCam is the perfect app to do this. Saving battery life is a secondary concern for me.

Thanks for making BrightCam. One of the most useful things I've downloaded since I got my Treo600!
    Last edited by mlohmeyer; 07/27/2004 at 07:31 PM.
    What about the irksome flickering keyboard problem?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    The keyboard response is an option in v0.3.
    Just uncheck the checkbox if you don't need it.

Regards.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Yes, noisygecko, my Treo 600 has been doing the same thing with the "final" version of BrightCam...the keyboard spasmatically flashing like a malfunctioning Christmas tree. What's up with that?
    This is strange that you still have this problem. Be sure that you have the latest v0.3 (release candidates still have the flashing problem). Also, please check if you are using a "No delay" delay.

If you are using v0.3 with the "No delay" option, it might be a problem with another application that is conflicting. You can try to set a 1sec or 2secs delay, and see if it solves the problem. I don't recommand using a delay, except to solve specific conflict issues with other applications.

If it don't solve your problem, send me an message with your email address, and tell me in your message "all" the application you currently have on your Treo600, and I will try to understand and fix your problem.

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    The keyboard response is an option in v0.3.
    Just uncheck the checkbox if you don't need it.

Regards.
    Thanks!!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I had the keyboard flashing problem as well, but the latest version (0.3) seems to have resolved that issue.
    The only hangup I have with this app is that it's feature to (auto) dim in bright light conditions after 15 seconds can not be disabled or adjusted by the user. Please consider my request. Otherwise, it's PERFECT!

Since installing BrightCam , I've unistalled mLights.
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by jsobers
    The only hangup I have with this app is that it's feature to (auto) dim in bright light conditions after 15 seconds can not be disabled or adjusted by the user. Please consider my request. Otherwise, it's PERFECT!

Since installing BrightCam , I've unistalled mLights.
    I spoke to soon! Since upgrading to v0.4.0b4 (or whatever ending in 4), when I answer the phone, the ringer doesn't stop ringing...and ringing...and ringing...until I reset my phone. I've downgraded to v0.3.1.
    J
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsobers
    I spoke to soon! Since upgrading to v0.4.0b4 (or whatever ending in 4), when I answer the phone, the ringer doesn't stop ringing...and ringing...and ringing...until I reset my phone. I've downgraded to v0.3.1.

HEY!!! v0.4b4 means v0.4 beta 4.

This is not an official release, and should only be installed if you wish to beta-test the new options!
    People looking for a stable *should* consider downloading latest official release on PalmGear, I mean the v0.3.1 release...
    ...and people downloading the beta release *should* post the bug reports to the beta-test thread, overwise I can not read the related posts!

Btw, thanks to beta-testers, this issue is fixed since beta 5 (current beta release is beta 6).
    I do consider that beta 6 is stable, but if you download it please understand that it is *still* a beta release.

Regards.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast