Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mayorga
    Mine does this (turn kb on then off) but only when I put into / remove from the cradle, when the treo makes a sound.
    I get this too -- the keyboard lights up for a moment when I put the Treo into the cradle or remove it from the cradle. I haven't noticed it lighting up when it makes a sound though, and I haven't had the "keyboard turns on and off" problem either.

It's a very cool little app, though. My donation is in.
    BrightCam disabled my screen power-up button. I was unable to get into the phone with a soft reset. Anyway, the program has been removed from my phone. Great idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fly4u
    BrightCam disabled my screen power-up button. I was unable to get into the phone with a soft reset.
    Please stop posting problems, people! Every time someone posts a but, it happens to me. ...Well, except for the keyboard lights turning on and off every 30 seconds. Sheesh. (I'm just kidding about not posting problems.)

So, yeah -- I got the "screen won't turn on" thing. I'm still behind this app, though, so... uh... bug me up, dude! I'm your *****!!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fly4u
    BrightCam disabled my screen power-up button. I was unable to get into the phone with a soft reset. Anyway, the program has been removed from my phone. Great idea though.
    Sorry about it. Where you using specific applications to lock the screen, the keyboard, or something like that?

BrightCam takes a few milliseconds to read the camera registers, and that can cause issues if you are using another application that waits for a special key pressed during a very short time.

This issue will be solved in a later release.

Regards.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Please stop posting problems, people! Every time someone posts a but, it happens to me. ...Well, except for the keyboard lights turning on and off every 30 seconds. Sheesh. (I'm just kidding about not posting problems.)

So, yeah -- I got the "screen won't turn on" thing. I'm still behind this app, though, so... uh... bug me up, dude! I'm your *****!!

Thanks to your reports/requests, here comes BrightCam v0.2.

New in this version:
    - autocalibrates your camera if needed
    - allows you to set a dimmer/lighter configuration

Autocalibrate your camera
    ====================

Few people have a problem with the camera that does not report the full range of the lighting conditions, for example the slider stays on the middle even outside with direct sunlights. BrightCam now remembers the lowest and largest value measured by your camera, and uses this range instead of the default full range.

If you want to configure the range from your camera instantly, press the button "Measure" while facing the sky (outside, not thru a window, the light level would not be the same!), and the press the button "Measure" a second time with the Treo in your pocket.

That's it.

Use a dimmer/brighter configuration
    ==========================

You can use the slider "Calibration" to as BrightCam to set the LCD dimmer or brighter. Full left will set your screen always the dimmest, full right will set your screen the brightest.

I can recommand a special setting: in a normal room (not outside), hide the camera with your finger and press "Adjust". Change the "Calibration" slider to the right, step by step, and reproduce the "Adjust" test. When you get a brighter screen, just to one step back: in this configuration, your LCD brightness will be brighter in all situations except during very dark conditions.

Known issue
    =========

When you think your Treo is sleeping, it is not always true. Treo has a special mode, a 'sleep-like' mode, that allows it to work and let the user think it is sleeping (could be useful for a phone!). BrightCam receives 'wakeup' events, and receives some of those events during this special sleeping mode. If you see the keyboard flashing (very fast and rare), do no worry: your Treo is just working, and as BrightCam takes a few milliseconds to read the camera registers you can see this 'flash' sometimes...

This will be fixed in a later release.

Coming next
    =========

Automatic adjustment of the brightness wihle your are walking.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=66507

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    this app causes my kb lite to flash on then off when the screen is off. I removed britecam then the anomaly stopped.
    It's true. Today I was hunting bubles on my screen (I really hate this screen protectors) when I discovered what LordPhong reports. It happens like every 10 seconds. And it goes away when you disable the app, not need to unistall. Hope it helps you to figure it out. Thanks for a innovative app.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    My compliments to the author of this program!

Do not get discouraged - this effort is going in the right direction.

The ability to customize the light level is a very good one too.
    I would really like it if there were integration with Profeo Lite too. That way I can run with general profiles but have the ability for the unit to set the "ideal" lighting for the current profile.
    Just tried it out and I must say, this is one neat app you got here, JFMw. Never thought one can use the camera to detect lighting conditions and make a useful app out of it.

How 'bout making a motion sensor app, which sets off an alarm whenever the Treo detects motion? Would be cool to have whenever I leave my Treo in the cradle in my office.
    This program interferes with KeyG Time also. I think I heard someone else say that a time delay at power on might help a problem they were having. I think that might help this problem as well.

(Forgive me if it's already been posted, but I didn't see it when I skimmed over the thread.)

--TechDude
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    This program interferes with KeyG Time also. I think I heard someone else say that a time delay at power on might help a problem they were having. I think that might help this problem as well.

(Forgive me if it's already been posted, but I didn't see it when I skimmed over the thread.)

--TechDude
    Thank you for the report, this will be fixed in the next release this monday.
    Regards.

Please note: latest release 0.3rc3 should fix 'most' issues with applications that run at power on, except the ones that set the keyboard light on/off like the very nice Profeo application (the next release should solve this issue, thanks to Natcho)
    Last edited by JFMw; 07/25/2004 at 07:19 AM.
    For the purposes of setting keyboard light during daytime and nightime, I downloaded mlights. Will this program interfere with it? I'll d/l today and try it out. Will report back with my findings Great work!
    Is there anyway to force the keypad lights to stay on the same amount of time as the LCD display? Outside of that, this is the best light control program I've tried.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Is there anyway to force the keypad lights to stay on the same amount of time as the LCD display? Outside of that, this is the best light control program I've tried.
    Coming in the next release (this monday), thanks to Natcho (Profeo) that helped me to figure out the keyboard issue :-)

Regards.
    Well then I guess you have created the perfect lights app! I would have looked at this a lot sooner but the name implied to me that it was a camera app, which didn't interest me. It turned out to be something very useful & I gotta wonder why PALM didn't think of it? I guess that's the beauty of the PALM OS; the endless possibilites of custom software.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Is there any way you can set an option to control ringer volume as well? Since you have the knowledge to do this much, Im sure you can find the ringer volume setting as well. But don't make it mandatory, optional please so we can use one or the other or both, not have to use both.
    Awesome app you created, it has already found a permanent place on my Treo.
    I could have sworn this started off as a CAMERA app?!? What has this got to do with ringer volume? Ummm,...did I miss something?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I could have sworn this started off as a CAMERA app?!? What has this got to do with ringer volume? Ummm,...did I miss something?
    This is not a camera app, in fact it has nothing to do with the camera functionality. It is a display lighting app for starters, it controls the brightness of the display in light and dark situations.
    It has to do with ringers because it is the same technology. The person who created this has found a usefull way to figure out whether the phone is the light or dark and perform a certain action based on that, so why stop at LCD brightness? If its not a function you would use, just don't enable it if it ever comes out. I for one would like something that changes my ringer volume based on if the phone is in my pocket and in dark conditions, or outside on the table in light conditions. If he can adjust brightness, I'm sure he can adjust ringer volume just as easily.
    I'm not sure why this is happening, but when I have BrightCam enabled, my keyboard backlight flashes every 10 seconds (approx). It just blinks on and off, LCD does not come on. If I disable BC, it stops. Not sure why that is happening, but I assume it would not be good for battery life, even though it likely doesn't make a huge difference.
    No problems here. I've used it and it "brightens" up those dark pics nicely!

Question for the developer, could you possibly enhance the program to enable the Zoom on the program to go in and out? I tried the program that does the zoom feature but uninstalled it because the pics were coming out red.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    I'm not sure why this is happening, but when I have BrightCam enabled, my keyboard backlight flashes every 10 seconds (approx). It just blinks on and off, LCD does not come on. If I disable BC, it stops. Not sure why that is happening, but I assume it would not be good for battery life, even though it likely doesn't make a huge difference.
    Be sure to download the latest release: latest public one (PalmGear) is 0.3 release cadidate 3. 0.3 "final" is being sent to people one have donated, and will be available soon at PalmGear.

Regards.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast