View Poll Results: Are you suffering from OCTAD (Obsessive Compulsive Treo Ace Disorder)?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 62.39%
  • No

41 37.61%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just want to see how many people would self diagnose himself / herself as having OCTAD? Because I think I have it big time. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I even have to read the same rumors over again a couple of times a day to assure myself that day will come eventually. Hang in there. I sometime have to watch the PalmOne Treo 600 video to ease my suffering (I don't even have a Treo 600).

I find myself checking TreoCentral and other forums every hour or so to see if there are any new rumors on the Treo Ace. I think I get a high from every little bit of rumor that's posted on Ace.

Am I all alone with this disease or are there more people like me out there? If there's a Treo Anonymous, please let me know.

Last edited by techjunkie; 07/21/2004 at 12:03 PM.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    i dont have octad, but i'm carying the gene.

i'm sure once the rumors for when x carrier will actually start taking orders, i will have the full blown case of octad.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm more of an octadaholic..............
    I was clinically obsessed w\ the 600 prior to its release but I have very little interest in the Treo Ace. The only thing intriguing to me is the hi-res screen but the 600 gives me all the functionality I need.
  5.    #5  
    I am really surprised at the Poll. Judging from all the Treo Ace Rumor threads, it seemed like there would be more OCTAD's like me out there.

Are you OCTAD's still in the closet?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)

.......I haven't searched the web for any new info on the Ace for more than 15 min...........Starting to get the shakes bad!!!
    I need Help!!!!!
    Suffering from OCTAD like crazy! I held off from going to the Treo 600 because I couldn't justify the expense when my 300 was less than a year old. Right about the time that upgrading became more financially feasible for me was when the rumors of the Ace started! So, I'm at the point where I'm literally bouncing off the walls in anticipation. Maybe an early Christmas present!
    how many of the Treo Ace obsessed already own the 600? From the looks of it, it seems that most are not current owners which explains the obsession a little more.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat

.......I haven't searched the web for any new info on the Ace for more than 15 min...........Starting to get the shakes bad!!!
    I need Help!!!!!
    I'm right there with you, man! Hang in there, buddy. We all will get through this!

I am taking it one day at a time. This is what I am convincing myself (even though it may or may not be true...

"Ace could be released in August. That's what a few rumors are saying. All rumors that tell me otherwise are false."

If it by chance does not release in August, I will repeat the same line, except subsituting August with September.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

"One day at a time... One day at a time... One day at..."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMike
    Suffering from OCTAD like crazy! I held off from going to the Treo 600 because I couldn't justify the expense when my 300 was less than a year old. Right about the time that upgrading became more financially feasible for me was when the rumors of the Ace started! So, I'm at the point where I'm literally bouncing off the walls in anticipation. Maybe an early Christmas present!
    I hear you... my OCTAD brother. I too am denying myself the precious Treo 600 and leaping to the "Ace".
    I have a treo 600, but I've still got octad. It's like I'm always looking for my next hit........even as I'm enjoying my current one............
    so to speak
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    how many of the Treo Ace obsessed already own the 600? From the looks of it, it seems that most are not current owners which explains the obsession a little more.
    I think your diagnosis is probably pretty darn accurate. If I could only justify the cost of Treo 600 now... but I really can't.

I did another post of the total true cost of getting a Treo 600 now and upgrade to Ace later. It will surpass $500. (Think uncompensated cost of upgrade + software + accessories, tax, blah, blah, blah)

I can't do it, man. Otherwise, I would've jumped on the 600 wagon.
    First Post--long time lurker! I am definitely suffering from this disease--I held off buying a 600 and the ACE is the unit for me--if it would only ARRIVE! hehe
  15.    #15  
    This thread is really helping me cope with my OCTAD. Hearing that I am not alone.... really helps. *sniff*
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I have a treo 600, but I've still got octad. It's like I'm always looking for my next hit........even as I'm enjoying my current one............
    This is exactly what I am talking about. That's how I feel too! Where's my next tech hit?!?
    This thread is essential to my emotional wellbeing-if I say these things to anyone in the "other" world, they look at me with pity in their eyes, not understanding the dangerous alllure of the thechnoworld!
    The first meeting of OCTAD ANONYMOUS will be held at 7pm EST in the Palm lounge of the airport Hilton.

Step 1: We admitted that we are powerless over OCTAD-that our lives must become more manageable.

With no disrespect intended towards the friends of Bill W.

john
    well, I have the disorder pretty bad too, I just returned my PPC4100 and ordered a Treo 600. I'll try it out for the full 30 days see if I can adjust from 320x480 (T3) back to 160x160. If not, I'll keep using the T3 paired with my Nokia 3650 until the Ace comes out.

But either way, I'm definitely getting the Ace when its out...
    Re vera, potas bene.
    umm i don't.

i wouldn't mind blue tooth or the better screen but i got a smoking deal for my new treo 600. it has served me well. the only thng i could ask for is a better camera with that good screen
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast